Skip to Content
1. An applicant who intends to register for tuition without fulfilling the requirements of a full programme leading to a Massey University qualification may be permitted to enrol for no more than 30 credits per year on a Certificate of Proficiency basis, unless applicants are International students attending the University under a Study Abroad or Student Exchange agreement in which case a higher workload may be required.
2. Except as permitted by the Enrolment of School Students regulation, applicants are required to satisfy Regulation 1 of the Matriculation Regulations.
3. Applicants for a Certificate of Proficiency shall pay fees, complete compulsory requirements and give notice of their intention to enter for examinations, where appropriate, as if they were proceeding to a degree, diploma or certificate. The Enrolment and Examination Regulations shall apply to such candidates.
4. The personal course of study of every applicant for a Certificate of Proficiency shall require the approval of the Academic Board. Normally approval is exercised as part of the enrolment process.
5. A student who has passed in a course for a Certificate of Proficiency may at a later date have the course credited towards a degree or diploma provided that the necessary conditions for the course as a part of the degree or diploma were fulfilled at the time when the course was passed for a Certificate of Proficiency.
In keeping with principles of sound management, Massey University wishes to ensure that it can adequately resource the programmes of study it offers. Accordingly, the University reserves the right under Section 224(5) of the Education Act (1989) to control the number of enrolments it will accept in any programme.
The number of places to be funded in any programme and the criteria for student selection will be available on application from Student Administration prior to each enrolment period. Every endeavour will be made to meet the academic needs of students where this does not prejudice the proper presentation or the academic standing of a programme.
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 06 November 2018