Skip to Content
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, and Graduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Degree of Bachelor of Aviation Management requires that the candidate will meet the University admission requirements as specified.
2. Candidates for the Degree of Bachelor of Aviation Management shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 360 credits, comprising:
(a) not more than 135 credits at 100 level;
(b) at least 75 credits at 300 level;
(c) at least 270 credits from the Schedule to the Degree, including at least 60 credits at 300 level;
(d) all compulsory courses in the Schedule to the Degree;
(e) up to 90 credits from the schedules of other undergraduate degrees.
(f) attending field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials and laboratories as required.
3. The Degree of Bachelor of Aviation Management is awarded without specialisation.
4. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates will apply.
5. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes; candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of Academic Board, be awarded an appropriate qualification should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
6. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
|190.109||Aviation Studies||15 credits|
|190.115||Introduction to Aeronautics||15 credits||R 190.110 or 190.111 or CPL (A or H)|
|190.116||Introduction to Management in Aviation||15 credits|
|190.117||Introduction to Human Factors||15 credits||R 190.107|
|190.216||Aviation Human Factors||15 credits||P 190.107 or 190.117 R 190.205|
|190.220||Managing Airline Systems||15 credits||P 190.116|
|190.224||Environmental Impacts of Aviation||15 credits|
|190.225||Introduction to Research Methods in Aviation||15 credits||P any 190.1xx course|
|190.327||Managing Cultures in Aviation||15 credits||P 190.205 or 190.216|
|190.340||Contemporary Issues in Aviation Security||15 credits|
|190.104||Principles of Navigation I||15 credits||P Permission Head of School C 190.110|
|190.110||Introduction to Flying||30 credits||P Permission Head of School C 190.104|
|190.112||Introduction to Flying II||15 credits||P Permission Head of School and 190.110 C 190.104|
|190.210||Aviation Safety Management||15 credits||P Any 190.1xx course|
|190.211||Aviation Strategic Management||15 credits|
|190.215||Heavy Aeroplane Performance||15 credits||P 190.102 or 190.110 or 190.111 or CPL R 190.202 or 190.235 or 190.237 or 90.252|
|190.222||Basic Air Safety Investigation||15 credits||P 190.115 or 190.110 or 190.111 or CPL (A or H)|
|190.240||Air Power||15 credits|
|190.249||Aircraft Maintenance Management||30 credits||P 190.220 or 190.244 or AMEL|
|190.299||Aviation Special Topic||15 credits||P PHOS R 190.291 and 190.292|
|190.302||Check and Training for Airlines||15 credits||P 190.235 or 190.237 or ATPL|
|190.306||Airline Strategic Management||15 credits||P 190.211|
|190.307||Airport Planning||15 credits||P Any 190.2xx course|
|190.308||Airport Operational Management||15 credits||P Any 190.2xx course|
|190.309||Design of Airways and Air Traffic Systems||15 credits||P Any 190.2xx course|
|190.313||Advanced Aviation Human Factors||15 credits||P 190.205 or 190.216|
|190.314||Legal Issues in Aviation||15 credits||P Any 190.2xx course|
|190.317||Evaluation Methods in Aviation||15 credits||P 190.217, 190.225 or Part III ATP|
|190.318||Air Transport Economics||15 credits||P 190.220|
|190.320||Heavy Aeroplane Performance II||15 credits||P 190.237 or 190.215 or PHOS|
|190.321||Air Accident and Incident Investigation||15 credits||P 190.122 or 190.222|
|190.328||Aviation Management Practicum||15 credits||P 15 credits at 200-level from 190 prefix courses and Permission Head of School|
|190.398||Special Topic||15 credits||P PHOS R 190.399|
|190.399||Aviation Special Topic||15 credits||P PHOS R 190.398|
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 06 November 2018