Skip to Content
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Certificate in Creative Arts requires that the candidate will meet the University admission requirements; and shall:
(a) have been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor of Design, or equivalent;or
(b) have been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor of Fine Arts, or equivalent.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Certificate in Creative Arts shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of 700-level courses totalling at least 60 credits from the Schedule to the certificate.
3. Notwithstanding Regulation 2, subject to the approval of the Academic Board or their delegate variation in excess of the limits specified in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates is permitted.
4. The Postgraduate Certificate in Creative Arts is awarded without specialisation.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
|150.707||Te Tataitanga Matatau: Advanced Studio Practice||90 credits|
|150.725||Rangahau Whakairo: Pre-Thesis Practicum (Part I)||60 credits|
|150.726||Rangahau Whakairo: Pre-Thesis Practicum (Part II)||60 credits|
|197.701||Creative Research Practices I||30 credits|
|197.702||Creative Research Practices II||30 credits||P 197.701|
|197.703||Creative Research Special Topic A||30 credits|
|197.704||Creative Research Special Topic B||15 credits|
|197.705||Independent Study||15 credits|
|197.706||Advanced Digital Fabrication for Creative Res 1||15 credits||P Permission course coordinator|
|197.707||Advanced Digital Fabrication for Creative Res 2||15 credits||P Permission course coordinator|
|213.702||Postgraduate Studio Practice II||30 credits||P 213.706 or Permission Head of School R 213.701|
|213.703||Special Topic||30 credits||P 213.704 or Permission Head of School R 213.701|
|213.704||Fine Art Theory and Research||30 credits||P Permission Head of School C 213.706 or Permission Head of School|
|213.706||Postgraduate Studio Practice I||30 credits||C 213.704 or Permission Head of School R 213.701|
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 06 November 2018