Skip to Content
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Māori Resource and Environmental Management requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and
(b) have been awarded or qualified for the Bachelor of Environmental Management, or an equivalent qualification.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma in Māori Resource and Environmental Management shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits, comprising:
(a) courses from the Schedule for the Qualification;
(b) any compulsory courses listed in the Schedule for the Qualification;
(c) attending contact workshops, block courses, field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. The Postgraduate Diploma in Māori Resource and Environmental Management is awarded without an endorsement.
4. In cases of sufficient merit, the Postgraduate Diploma in Māori Resource and Environmental Management may be awarded with distinction or merit in accordance with the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
|235.701||Māori Values and Resource Management||15 credits||R 188.704|
|235.702||Māori Resource and Environmental Management - Whenua||15 credits|
|235.703||Māori Resource and Environmental Management - Fresh Water||15 credits|
|235.704||Māori Resource and Environmental Management - Flora and Fauna||15 credits|
|235.705||Māori Resource and Environmental Management - Foreshore and Oceans||15 credits|
|235.706||Maara kai - Traditional and Contemporary Māori Food Production||15 credits|
|235.707||Māori Natural Resource Policy||30 credits|
|119.729||Research Methods||15 credits|
|119.731||Topics in Agricultural Extension and Consultancy||15 credits||R 111.755|
|131.701||Development and Underdevelopment||30 credits|
|131.702||Development Management||30 credits|
|132.730||Policy Analysis and Evaluation Techniques||30 credits|
|132.735||Natural Resource Policy and Planning||30 credits|
|150.701||Tino Rangatiratanga: Strategic Māori Development||30 credits|
|150.714||Ta Te Māori Rangahau Korero: Māori Research Methodologies||30 credits|
|152.701||Advanced Management||30 credits|
|152.702||Advanced Strategic Management||30 credits|
|152.781||Advanced Research Methods in Business||30 credits|
|188.705||Natural Resource Policy||15 credits|
|196.712||Aquatic Ecology||30 credits||P 196.313 or 121.313|
|232.701||Conservation Biology||30 credits||R 196.719|
|232.703||Wildlife Management||30 credits||C 232.701 or 196.713 R 199.715|
|247.782||Special Topic||15 credits|
|247.783||Special Topic||15 credits|
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Friday 01 February 2019