Skip to Content
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics requires that the candidate shall:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and shall have:
(b) been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor degree, or equivalent; and
(c) completed at least one full-time year of relevant teaching experience, or equivalent
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics shall follow a flexible programme of study totalling at least 120 credits as detailed in the Schedule for the Qualification.
3. The Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics is awarded without specialisation.
4. In cases of sufficient merit, the Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics may be awarded with Distinction or Merit.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
|272.702||Second Language Learning Theories and Processes||30 credits|
|272.703||Contemporary Approaches to Language Teaching Methodology||30 credits|
|272.704||Contextualising Curriculum and Materials Design||30 credits||P 272.703 C 272.703|
|272.715||Current Issues in Applied Linguistics||30 credits|
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 06 November 2018