Skip to Content
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the degree of Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy requires that the candidate will:
(a) have met the University admission requirements as specified; and
(b) have been awarded or qualified for a relevant Bachelor's degree from a New Zealand tertiary institution, or equivalent; and
(c) have completed relevant work experience in mental health, undertaken within five years of application for admission to the programme, as approved by the Academic Board or their delegate.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy shall follow a flexible course of study, which shall consist of 700-level courses totalling at least 120 credits, comprising:
(a) courses specified in the Schedule to the Diploma; and including
(b) attending contact courses, block courses, workshops, tutorials and carrying out supervised practice as required.
3. The Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy is awarded without endorsement.
4. Every candidate for the Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy shall perform to the satisfaction of the Academic Board or their delegate clinical practice in accordance with the requirements of the following course: 175.765 Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Clinical Practicum.
5. Before enrolling in the Clinical Practicum, candidates shall provide evidence to the satisfaction of Academic Board or their delegate that they have prior experience in mental health and a current supervised caseload in an institution or institutions approved for this purpose by the Academic Board or their delegate.
6. In cases of sufficient merit, the Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy may be awarded with distinction or merit.
7. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
8. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
|175.761||Theory and Practice of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy||15 credits|
|175.762||Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Depression||15 credits||P 175.761 C 175.761|
|175.763||Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Anxiety Disorders||15 credits||P 175.761, 175.762|
|175.764||Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Chronic and Complex Disorders||15 credits||P 175.763 C 175.763|
|175.765||Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Clinical Practicum||60 credits||P 175.764|
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 06 November 2018