Skip to Content
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Fine Arts requires that the candidate will have:
(a) met the University admission requirements as specified;
(b) have been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Māori Visual Arts, or equivalent with a grade average of at least a B, or equivalent;
(c) been selected into the Diploma following a selection process which will include the assessment of a portfolio of work submitted by the candidate and, at the discretion of Academic Board or their delegate, an interview.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma in Fine Arts shall follow a flexible course of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits, comprising:
(a) courses selected from the Schedule to the Diploma;
(b) attending contact courses, block courses, field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. The Postgraduate Diploma in Fine Arts is awarded without endorsement.
4. In cases of sufficient merit, the Postgraduate Diploma in Fine Arts may be awarded with distinction or merit.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes; candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of Academic Board or their delegate, be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate in Creative Arts should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
|197.465||Creative Futures||15 credits||P 198.358 or 212.358 or 213.342 or 221.358 or 222.358 or 223.358 or 224.358|
|213.411||Fine Arts Special Topic IV||15 credits||P Permission course coordinator|
|213.441||Art Studio IV A Research||30 credits||P (213.342 or 213.351) and 213.357 C 213.463 R 213.401, 213.451|
|213.442||Art Studio IV B||45 credits||P 213.440 or 213.441 R 213.401, 213.461|
|213.463||Fine Arts Research Seminar||15 credits||P 213.357 or Permission Head of School C 213.441|
|213.464||Art in Context||15 credits||P 75 credits at 300-level|
|213.465||Exhibition||15 credits||C (198.454 or 198.455 or 212.454 or 212.455 or 213.442 or 221.454 or 221.455 or 222.454 or 222.455 or 223.454 or 223.455 or 224.454 or 224.455) or Permission Head of School|
|237.465||Creative Exposition||15 credits||P [237.330 and (198.358 or 212.358 or 213.342 or 221.358 or 222.358 or 223.358 or 224.358)] or Permission Head of School|
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 06 November 2018