Skip to Content
The Massey Business School offers the Future Leaders Scholarships. The purpose of the scholarship is to recognise and support future leaders enrolling in full-time business programmes at Massey University who have a previous record of leadership and high academic achievement.
There will be at least 40 Future Leader Scholarships awarded per year and at least 10 of these will be awarded to Maori and Pasifika students.
Tenure and value
The award is for tuition fees of Massey Business School courses that are in the first year of study on any of Massey University campuses. Unused funds are forfeited and do not get carried forward.
The value of the Award is up to a maximum of $5000.
The award shall be paid in two instalments upon confirmation of enrolment in semesters one and two following the official withdrawal dates for these semesters. On acceptance of the award, a recipient may request that the scholarship be deferred up to 3 years from the date of issue.
However on uplifting the scholarship students must be enrolled in their first year of study (level 100 courses).
1. All applicants must be eligible, and intending, to enrol:
- for full-time (minimum of 105 credits) study;
- in the first year (i.e. 100 level) of a Bachelor degree eligible programme;
- within 3 years following the award issue date;
- at any Massey University campus.
Eligible programmes include:
- Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS)
- Bachelor of Accountancy (BAcc)
- Bachelor of Applied Economics (BApplEcon)
- Bachelor of Aviation (BAv)
- Bachelor of Aviation Management (BAvMan)
- Bachelor of Business and Retail Management (BRBM)
- Bachelor of Communication (BC) [Communication Management, Marketing Communication, Public Relations, Journalism majors]
- Bachelor of AgriCommerce (BAgriCom) - 5 awards only [offered in conjunction with the College of Science]
- Bachelor of Sport Management (BSptMgt)
All applicants need to meet the entry criteria for the programme that they intend to enrol in at Massey University.
2. Applicants for the Massey Business School 'Future Leaders' Scholarship must have attained an NCEA Level 2 certificate at Year 12 and in the opinion of the school, must be clearly capable of achieving University Entrance.
Applicants must also have been the leader of a school academic or cultural group or captain of one of the school’s sports teams or a leader within a community group or organisation.
3. Payment of the second instalment of the Future Leaders Scholarship is dependent on passing all courses in the first semester of study. If any courses are failed in the first semester of study, the second instalment will not be paid in the following semester. If the recipient passes all papers in the non-funded semester, s/he will be eligible to draw on the remaining scholarship funds for the immediately subsequent semester of study.
Responsibility for the award
The Award will be confirmed by the Director Teaching and Learning, Massey Business School, Massey University.
Payment will be made against tuition fees in two instalments upon confirmation of enrolment in semesters one and two following the official withdrawal dates for these semesters. The scholarship funds will be credited onto the student’s Massey University fees account and will be credited against Massey Business School papers only.
Please note this scholarship cannot be used for any non-tuition charge.
Conditions of the award
The Massey Business School 'Future Leaders' Scholarship may be held concurrently with any other Massey University bursary or scholarship.
20 August in the year prior to the Award.
Application forms are available from the Scholarships and awards website: http://awards.massey.ac.nz/ (click the box at the bottom of this page) or from Massey Contact, Massey University, Private Bag 11-222, Palmerston North 4442, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms should be sent as pdf to the Scholarships Office email@example.com or as hardcopy to: Scholarships, Massey University, Private Bag 11-222, Palmerston North 4442 by the closing date.
Courier Address: Scholarships Office, Massey University, Tennent Drive, Palmerston North.
Applications will NOT be accepted more than 3 months in advance of the closing date.
Application cannot be accepted before 20th May
Application cannot be accepted before 20/05/2017.Download an application form
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 29 November 2016