Skip to Content
Sir John Logan Campbell was a successful Auckland businessman who lived from 1817 to 1912. He made many donations to the people of Auckland, including Cornwall Park. This scholarship has resulted from money gifted in 1925 from his endowment fund to help set up an agricultural teaching course in Palmerston North. It will be used to encourage 1st Year students from urban areas such as Auckland to begin a course in agriculture.
1. The John Logan Campbell Agricultural Scholarship shall have a value determined each year from the interest earned on the capital and be open to 1st Year Massey University students who are enrolled full-time for the Bachelor of AgriCommerce degree, or the agriculture major within either the Bachelor of AgriScience degree or the Bachelor of Science degree.
2. The scholarship shall be awarded annually as funds permit on the recommendation of the Applied Academic Programmes Scholarships Committee. The scholarship shall be awarded on academic merit, though preference will be given to applicants from an urban background who intend to pursue a career within the agricultural sector.
3. In recommending the award of the scholarship the Applied Academic Programmes Scholarships Committee shall take account of other scholarships and bursaries held with a view to achieving a reasonable distribution of monies among qualifying candidates.
4. The award shall be paid in May.
5. Students who withdraw from their studies during the year in which the scholarship was awarded shall repay the money awarded to them.
6. Applications close on the 10 March in the year in which the award is to be made. Application forms (ASSC.2) can be downloaded at the bottom of this page. Completed applications are to be sent to Dr Kerry Harrington, K.Harrington@massey.ac.nz. Alternatively, hard copy applications can be delivered to Dr Kerry Harrington’s office AH 302.
All applications are acknowledged by email.
Applications will NOT be accepted more than 3 months in advance of the closing date.
Application cannot be accepted before 10/12/2018.
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 29 November 2016