Skip to Content
These bursaries were established in 2016 to be funded by the Massey Business School Development Fund for currently enrolled students at Massey University engaged in a programme of study within the Massey Business School (MBS), either at undergraduate or postgraduate level. The purpose is to provide financial assistance to promising students who are facing general hardship or financial barriers to continuing their studies. One bursary will be available for each of the five Schools within the MBS, a sixth available specifically for a Maori applicant, a seventh available specifically for a Pasifika applicant, and an eighth available specifically for an international student. Maori, Pasifika, and international students will be eligible if enrolled in any programme within the MBS.
Tenure and value
Under normal circumstances, eight Bursaries shall be awarded annually. The value of each Bursary will be $1500.
• Applicants may be studying internally or by distance or in mixed mode, at any campus of Massey University, in a programme in the Massey Business School.
• Applicants may be studying full-time or part-time
• Undergraduate and postgraduate students are eligible to apply (as are MBA and MALP students)
• Applicants may be domestic or international students.
• One bursary will be awarded specifically to a Maori applicant.
• One bursary will be awarded specifically to a Pasifika applicant.
• One bursary will be awarded specifically to an international student.
Preference will be given to students who can demonstrate financial hardship or other circumstances that may hinder them from progressing in their studies, and who also have a record of academic success in their studies to date. Evidence of good character may also be taken into account.
Responsibility for the Award
The Bursary shall be awarded annually by the Massey Business School Development Fund Advisory Group.
The Bursary will be paid in one instalment in March the following year.
Conditions of the Award
If there are no candidates of sufficient merit the Committee may refrain from making an award.
Recipients may hold the Bursary more than once but must reapply on each occasion.
The Committee may at their discretion award an extra bursary in a given year, depending on the availability of funds.
Applications normally close on October 31 each year.
Applications must contain:
• An academic transcript (for studies undertaken at universities other than Massey University)
• A personal statement of no more than 400 words, outlining the applicant’s circumstances and future academic and career plans
• A completed application form
• A letter of support from a referee (the referee may be an academic, an advisor, a pastor, or other figure who can speak to the merits of the applicant and his/her circumstance)
Application forms can be downloaded from http://awards.massey.ac.nz/ (click the box at the bottom of this page) or from Massey Contact, Massey University, Private Bag 11-222, Palmerston North 4442, email email@example.com
All application pages MUST be single sided.
Preferred method of return: pdf sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (Additional hardcopy is not required)
All applications are acknowledged by email.
Applications will NOT be accepted more than 3 months in advance of the closing date.
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 29 November 2016