Skip to Content
The Hurley Fraser Postgraduate Scholarships are supported by the combined funds derived from the John Alexander Hurley Scholarship and the Edith Fraser Agricultural and Horticultural Research Fund. These funds were amalgamated in 2006 with a view to supporting postgraduate research in Agriculture and Horticulture while ensuring the viability of components of the amalgamated capital fund.
1. The Hurley Fraser Postgraduate Scholarship shall have a value determined each year from the interest earned on the capital and be open to graduates of Massey University who are enrolled full-time for a postgraduate degree or a postgraduate diploma in Applied Academic Programme disciplines relevant to agriculture or horticulture (paper prefix of 111, 112, 117, 119, 138, 171, 188, 189, 238 and 239)) at Massey University.
2. The scholarship shall be awarded annually as funds permit on the recommendation of the Applied Academic Programmes Scholarships Committee provided that applications are of sufficient merit. The award shall be based on the candidate's academic attainment.
3. In recommending the award of the scholarship the Applied Academic Programmes Scholarships Committee shall take account of other scholarships and bursaries held with a view to achieving a reasonable distribution of monies among qualifying candidates.
4. The award shall be paid in May.
5. At the discretion of the University all, or part, of the annual interest may be reinvested in order to maintain the value of the capital fund.
6. Students who withdraw from their studies during the year in which the scholarship was awarded shall repay the money awarded to them.
7. Applications close on the 10 March in the year in which the award is to be made. Application forms (ASSC.3) can be downloaded at the bottom of this page. Completed applications are to be sent to Dr Kerry Harrington, K.Harrington@massey.ac.nz. Alternatively, hard copy applications can be delivered to Dr Kerry Harrington’s office AH 302.
All applications are acknowledged by email.
Applications will NOT be accepted more than 3 months in advance of the closing date.
Application cannot be accepted before 10/12/2018.
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 29 November 2016