Skip to Content
The Catherine Baxter Postgraduate Scholarship is funded from an endowment to the Massey Agricultural College by Thomas Nimmo Baxter, an Auckland barrister and solicitor, following his death on 24 December 1933. The money is to be used to support dairy science in memory of his wife Catherine Baxter (nee Stuart) who died on 28 September 1930.
1. The Catherine Baxter Postgraduate Scholarship shall have a value determined each year from the interest earned on the capital and be open to candidates enrolled full-time for a postgraduate degree involving research of relevance to dairy science.
2. The scholarship shall be awarded annually on the recommendation of the Applied Academic Programmes Scholarships Committee provided the applications are of sufficient academic merit. The award shall be based on the candidate's academic attainment, and the relevance of their course of study to dairy science.
3. The scholarship shall be tenable for one year, recipients may re-apply subject to meeting the eligibility criteria.
4. In recommending the award of the scholarships the Applied Academic Programmes Scholarships Committee shall take account of other scholarships and bursaries held with a view to achieving a reasonable distribution of monies among qualifying candidates.
5. The scholarship shall be paid in May.
6. Students who withdraw from their studies during the year in which the scholarship was awarded may be required to repay a proportion of the money awarded to them.
7. Applications close on the 10 March in the year in which the award is to be made. Application forms (ASSC.3) can be downloaded at the bottom of this page. Completed applications are to be sent to Dr Kerry Harrington, K.Harrington@massey.ac.nz. Alternatively, hard copy applications can be delivered to Dr Kerry Harrington’s office AH 302.
All applications are acknowledged by email.
Applications will NOT be accepted more than 3 months in advance of the closing date.
Application cannot be accepted before 10/12/2018.
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 29 November 2016