Home schooled students entry requirements

Home schooled students who will not be working towards the NCEA may apply for Discretionary Entrance (DE) on the basis of what they have achieved. However the onus is on the student (or his/her parents) to provide evidence that the work completed is at an equivalent standard to the Discretionary Entrance requirements (see link below). This is likely to mean that the parent seeks the assistance of a registered teacher to assess a sample of the work and to write that, in his/her professional opinion, the work is of equivalent standard to a student studying Level 2 unit standards.

The CENZ programme (Christian Education New Zealand) followed by some home schooled students has been recognised so that a student who holds a Level 3 Certificate or Level 3 Certificate with Honours which includes at least four credits in subjects designated Level 3 may be considered for Admission (AES) at Entrance level. Holders of Year 12 Certificates may be considered for Discretionary Entrance if they are NZ citizens or permanent residents.

Don’t meet these requirements?

If you do not meet the above admission methods, you could apply for one of our Foundation Pathway programmes. These will help you develop the academic and study skills necessary for admission to Massey University.

Massey Contact Centre Mon - Fri 8:30am to 5:00pm 0800 MASSEY (+64 6 350 5701) TXT 5222 contact@massey.ac.nz Web chat Staff Alumni News Māori @ Massey