Leave Without Pay

Leave without pay can only be taken once all annual leave has been exhausted.

Sympathetic consideration will be given to applications for leave without pay from partners of staff who are taking University Duties Leave.

You will not be entitled to payment for a recognised public or University holiday that falls within a period of leave without pay, unless you have worked at any time during the fortnight ending on the day the holiday is observed.

Approved leave without pay does not affect continuous service but also does not add to the length of service. Further details regarding the effect of leave without pay on services related entitlements can be found in your employment agreement.

Approval of leave without pay

Leave without pay cannot be processed through MyHR. Requests need to be made in writing and submitted to your Head of Department/Institute/School. Absences of up to one month can be approved by the Head of Department/Institute/School. If over one month and less than one year Pro Vice-Chancellor/Assistant Vice-Chancellor approval is required. For one year or longer, applications must be made to the Leave and Ancillary Appointments Committee.

Once approved the request should be forwarded to HR Services for processing.

Massey Contact Centre Mon - Fri 8:30am to 5:00pm 0800 MASSEY (+64 6 350 5701) TXT 5222 contact@massey.ac.nz Web chat Staff Alumni News Māori @ Massey