Skip to Content
The Centres for Teaching and Learning support the goals of The Road to 2020 Strategy, the platforms and aspirations of the Teaching and Learning Framework, and the development of the "Massey Model" of teaching and learning which aims to provide an exceptional and distinctive experience for all learners.
More specifically the Centres have a mission to:
Support an exceptional and distinctive learning experience for staff and students, on all campuses, and all modes of study by offering world-class research-informed, demand-led, teaching and learning development services.
To achieve this mission and help operationalise the University's Teaching and Learning Framework, the Centres for Teaching and Learning have eight core strategic objectives:
• Provide professional development services that are flexibly delivered and aligned with University and College strategic priorities;
• Support curriculum innovation in a range of broad-based, discipline-oriented and professional qualifications;
• Enhance outcomes for learners and promote innovative approaches to teaching and learning using a range of educational technologies;
• Provide support for teaching and mentoring of academic career development;
• Enable all students to achieve success in their study;
• Enhance student engagement throughout the study lifecycle;
• Support a range of university-wide initiatives that promote a culture of quality enhancement and evidence-based decisions;
• Promote the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning and Massey University’s national and international reputation for high quality capability and innovation in distance education and learning futures.
Page authorised by Director National Centre for Teaching and Learning
Last updated on Wednesday 22 March 2017
Register for upcoming events and workshops here.