Skip to Content
Offering world-class, research-led teaching and learning development services
Working with staff to provide an exceptional and distinctive learning experience for all students
The purpose of the Educational Technology Unit is to manage, coordinate and provide advice on the use of Massey University's online learning environment (aka Stream). The Unit, in concert with the campus Centres for Teaching and Learning, also provides support and guidance to academic staff on the design and development of innovative educational technology solutions that enhance student engagement and the quality of teaching, learning and assessment. The work of the Educational Technology Unit is based around five core objectives:
• Support staff in the use of the University's online learning environment (OLE) to enhance the student learning experience.
• Foster and promote through a variety of activities and communication channels innovative ways of using the online learning environment.
• Manage and support regular upgrades and changes to core electronic tools and the platforms to maintain and enhance the online learning environment.
• Monitor, report and act on the performance of the online learning environment against internal and external benchmarks on a regular basis.
• Support and promote Massey University’s reputation as a leader in the use of new educational technologies for online, blended and distance learning
Each of the above objectives form the basis of an annual Action Plan that defines the key initiatives for the Educational Technology Unit over the course of the year. This plan is available on request from the Educational Technology Manager.
• Stream4staff website
• Stream4students website
• MyPortfolio (Mahara)
• Massey Stream Community
• Student Orientations on the use of Stream
• Multimedia design
• Jon Hills (Online Consultant)
• Eric Liu (Blended Learning Consultant)
• Quentin Roper (Online Learning Designer)
• Matt Alexander (Educational Designer: Multi Media)
Page authorised by Director National Centre for Teaching and Learning
Last updated on Tuesday 17 April 2018
National Centre for Teaching and Learning
Private Bag 11 222
Palmerston North 4474
Phone: +64 6 356 9099 extn: 5458