Harassment Resolution Procedure

If you have an issue or complaint of harassment you may need support and information. A University Harassment Contact Person (HCP) could be the best person for you to talk with.


HCP are able to:

  • Keep your details confidential, and not disclose these unless authorised by you.
  • Assist you to identify the type/s of complaint (eg racial harassment).
  • Outline the various complaint options and resolution procedures available to you.
  • Identify the University official with responsibility for each procedure.
  • Support you when meeting with, or writing to the other party (as required).
  • Explain the need for you (and friends and family) to keep the allegation confidential.
  • Explain the support services provided by Student Associations, Medical and Counselling Centres and the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).

You may choose to resolve the complaint in the following ways:

  • You may meet privately with, or write in confidence to the Respondent to describe the alleged harassment, and to ask that the behaviour cease. A HCP or other support person can accompany you to a meeting, if required.
  • You may request the Regional Harassment Convenor to facilitate a meeting with all parties to discuss ways for the complaint to be resolved.
  • You may request that the complaint be mediated. You may make a complaint to the appropriate University official. The HCP can help you to identify this person.

At any stage you may choose to complain to an appropriate external agency such as the Human Rights Commission, the Race Relations Office, or the Police.

Massey Contact Centre Mon - Fri 8:30am to 4:30pm 0800 MASSEY (+64 6 350 5701) TXT 5222 contact@massey.ac.nz Web chat Staff Alumni News Māori @ Massey