Take your Study on an Overseas Experience

Massey University Student Exchange Programme

You have a fabulous opportunity to enhance your university experience by studying overseas at one of Massey's world-class partner universities worldwide in Asia, Australia, Europe, North America or South America.

Student exchange is a valuable experience for your academic and personal development, looks great on your CV, and may provide the differentiating experience and skills to promote your future career.

Become a Massey exchange student and experience a world beyond the Pacific.  You'll develop a new understanding and openness for people, places and culture, expand your ideas, enrich your life, make new friends and gain new perspectives!

How does the exchange programme work?

The programme allows you to:

  • study overseas for one or two semesters at one of Massey's partner universities.
  • continue to pay your regular Massey tuition fees (60 credits per semester).
  • continue to receive entitlements to student loan and/or allowances.
  • earn university credit for the papers (elective or major) studied successfully overseas.
  • choose from a range of papers not offered at Massey.
  • enjoy an overseas experience without delaying the completion of your degree.

Who is eligible?

The Exchange Programme is open to students from all Massey colleges, including distance and international students.

To be considered for the Exchange Programme, you must:

  • Be enrolled in a Bachelor or Bachelor with Honours (360 - 480 credits) or Master degree (240 credits) at Massey University.
  • Have a good academic record, especially in your major area and previous year of study. 
  • Expect to complete one year (120 credits) of study at Massey prior to departing on exchange (or at least one semester of postgraduate study).

Students need to complete at least 30 credits at the 300-level in their major at Massey.  The other 300-level credits can be earned while on exchange.

Master's students must complete an exchange in their first year of postgraduate study, and the exchange is limited to one semester only.

If you are an overseas student interested in studying at Massey University on exchange, please visit our Study Abroad website.

New Scholarship to Study in Asia

Students going on exchange to Asia may be eligible to apply for the Prime Minister's Scholarship for Asia.  Check Scholarships for exchange for details.

Facebook Group

Join the Massey University Student Exchange Facebook Group to connect with other Massey students who have been or are considering going on exchange, and receive updates on the student exchange programme.

Contact UsMon - Fri 8:30am to 4:55pm0800 MASSEY (+64 6 350 5701)TXT 5222contact@massey.ac.nzWeb chatMyMasseyStaffAlumniNewsMāori @ Massey