Handbook of Human Symbolic Evolution
This page is under construction
New additions and resources are added as time permits. Sites are listed here with a degree of selectivity, but are not warranted as accurate in their content.
General issues pertaining to evolutionary theory can be tracked down through a number of sites:
Part 1: Palaeoanthropology
Part 2: Social and socio-cultural systems
Psychology, Culture, and Evolution
Section 2a: Comparative perspectives
Rich sources of information on primates are:
Section 2b: Palaeoanthropological perspectives
General archaeology has a central resource index, and there is also an on-line archaeology journal in development.
SARC: Lots of info on stone tools.
See also: The Ancient World Web: The Ultimate Index of All Things Ancient
- A useful introduction to (French) Palaeolithic graphic images. Many links to Cave sites at Lascaux, Font de Gaume, Cougnac, la Baume Latrone, Chauvet, Abri Bourdois, Cosquer, Chauvet
- Palaeolithic Rock Art. Directory to 80 cave Rock Art sites in France.
Specific ('paradigmatic') sites
3. Pech Merle
4. Pont d'Arc
of (mostly mobiliar) paleolithic art in Pyrenées
- Venus figurines and Iconic Signs. Text and 6 b/w and colour pictures about Paleolithic sculptured female and vulvas mobiliar art.
Australian Aboriginal art
South African Bushman art
Part 3: Ontogeny and Symbolism
Part 4: Language Systems and Language Evolution
Return to Handbook Contents
- Comments to A.J.Lock@massey.ac.nz
- Department of Psychology, Massey University , New Zealand
- URL: http://www.massey.ac.nz/~ALock
- last changed Tuesday, 11 February 1997