Open Source Stage 1 Statistics Textbook Project
Information for authors: latex style files
- To produce a high quality, free statistics book suitable for use as the primary textbook in a first year course. Distribution will be under the Gnu Free Documentation License.
- To involve a large number of authors who have an interest in first year teaching, but whose other professional activities would make sole authorship of a textbook prohibitively time consuming.
Preliminary plans are for the book to be produced in pdf format, suitable either for printing to hard copy or use in its electronic form. Some customization would be possible, e.g. selecting which chapters and which type of software code or output to include.
We are seeking 3 types of contributors:
- Primary authors who will lead the writing of one chapter.
- Contributing authors who will contribute examples and excercises.
- Instructors, hopefully also contributing to (1) or (2), who will use a 'beta version' of the book with their first year class, collect feedback from students, and provide their own feedback.
If you are interested in participating or recieving further information about the project, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meetings for Contributors
- Daniel Walsh, Massey University
- Samantha Prins, James Madison University.
- Andreas Kiermeier, South Australian Research and Development Institute
- Ken Russell, Wollongong University
- Isaac Dialsingh, University of Trinidad and Tobago
- Raj Govindaraju, Massey University
- Paul Hewson, University of Plymouth
- Colin Gillespie, Newcastle University