The Wellington region is at Alert Level 2. Massey COVID-19 information.
BackMassey Qualification Regulations
- University Calendar
- General University Information
- Diary of Key Dates
- Massey Qualification Regulations
- Studying at Massey University
- Enrolment at Massey University
- Glossary of terms
- Prescriptions and Schedule of Courses
- Help using the Massey University Calendar
For help with understanding these important regulations, please watch our video.
The Degree of Bachelor of Sport Management
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, and Graduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Degree of Bachelor of Sport Management requires that the candidate will meet the University admission requirements as specified.
2. Candidates for the Degree of Bachelor of Sport Management shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 360 credits, comprising:
(a) not more than 150 credits at 100 level;
(b) at least 90 credits at 300 level;
(c) the core courses listed in the Schedule for the Qualification;
(d) attending field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. Candidates may include a minor in the Degree of Bachelor of Sport Management.
(a) Minors may be included from any undergraduate degree within the University for which recognised minors are specified.
(b) Where the minor is from another undergraduate degree the regulations of that programme for the minor will apply.
(c) No course may be credited to both a major and a minor.
4. Every candidate for the Degree of Bachelor of Sport Management shall complete to the satisfaction of the Academic Board, a minimum of 200 hours of approved field experience, practical work and associated reports in accordance with the following courses:
(a) 152.238 Professional Development for the Sport Industry;
(b) 234.338 Sport Practicum.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes; candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of Academic Board, be awarded an appropriate qualification, should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
Unsatisfactory Academic Progress
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
8. Subject to the Maximum Time to Completion and Abandonment of Studies provisions specified in the Part I regulations for the degree, candidates who were enrolled in the Bachelor of Sport Management prior to January 2019 may substitute courses already completed towards the core for courses in the Schedule until December 2022.
Schedule for the Bachelor of Sport Management
Core courses (300 credits from)
114.330 Equity and Diversity in the Workplace 15 credits
152.252 Project Management 15 credits
219.101 Media Skills 15 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Thursday 17 September 2020