The Wellington region is at Alert Level 2. Massey COVID-19 information.
BackMassey Qualification Regulations
- University Calendar
- General University Information
- Diary of Key Dates
- Massey Qualification Regulations
- Studying at Massey University
- Enrolment at Massey University
- Glossary of terms
- Prescriptions and Schedule of Courses
- Help using the Massey University Calendar
For help with understanding these important regulations, please watch our video.
The Degree of Master of Veterinary Science
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Candidates for the Degree of Master of Veterinary Science shall have completed a veterinary degree.
(a) Candidates who have completed a Massey University BVSc, or a veterinary qualification that can be registered by the New Zealand Veterinary Council and is considered by the Academic Board to be equivalent to the Massey University BVSc, or a Postgraduate Diploma in an area of Veterinary Science, shall complete an MVSc programme consisting of a Research Methods course of 15 credits and a thesis to the value of 120 credits in some branch of Veterinary Science.
(b) Veterinary graduates who do not meet the requirements in 1(a) shall complete an MVSc programme consisting of courses to the value of 120 credits and a thesis to the value of 120 credits.
Schedule for the Master of Veterinary Science
1. Courses shall be selected from the 118.7xx, 118.8xx, series and any other courses deemed appropriate by the Graduate Subject Adviser.
2. The selection of courses must be approved by the Academic Programme Director or equivalent.
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Wednesday 23 September 2020