The Wellington region is at Alert Level 2. Massey COVID-19 information.
BackMassey Qualification Regulations
- University Calendar
- General University Information
- Diary of Key Dates
- Massey Qualification Regulations
- Studying at Massey University
- Enrolment at Massey University
- Glossary of terms
- Prescriptions and Schedule of Courses
- Help using the Massey University Calendar
For help with understanding these important regulations, please watch our video.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Quality Systems
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Quality Systems requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and
(b) have been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor's degree with a relevant major, or equivalent, having achieved a B- grade average or higher over the qualifying 300-level courses and have completed at least two years of relevant professional experience;
or shall have:
(c) been awarded or qualified for a relevant Graduate Diploma in Quality Systems, or equivalent, having achieved a B- grade average or higher and completed at least two years of relevant professional experience;
or shall have:
(d) demonstrated at least five years of relevant professional experience, including completion of appropriate professional qualifications or equivalent, via a portfolio, and an interview at the discretion of the University.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma in Quality Systems shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits, comprising:
(a) courses selected from the Schedule for the Qualification;
(b) the compulsory courses from the Schedule for the Qualification;
(c) attending Contact Workshops, block courses, field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials and laboratories as required.
3. The Postgraduate Diploma in Quality Systems is awarded without an endorsement.
4. In cases of sufficient merit, the Postgraduate Diploma in Quality Systems may be awarded with distinction or merit.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic Requirements within the prescribed timeframes; candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of the Academic Board, be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate in Science and Technology should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
Unsatisfactory Academic Progress
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
8. Subject to the Maximum Time to Completion and Abandonment of Studies provisions specified in the Part I regulations for the degree, candidates enrolled in the Postgraduate Diploma in Quality Systems prior to 1 January 2021 may satisfy admission requirements in place prior to this date.
9. Such candidates may substitute a course or courses already taken for a course or courses within the compulsory schedule.
10. These transitional arrangements expire 31 December 2022.
Schedule for the Postgraduate Diploma in Quality Systems
Compulsory courses (105 credits from)
240.756 Value Chain Management 15 credits
240.758 Research Methods and Skills 30 credits
Elective courses (15 credits from)
152.771 Management in Organisations 15 credits
161.725 Statistical Quality Control 15 credits
240.753 Supply Chain Analytics 15 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Thursday 17 September 2020