BackMassey Qualification Regulations
- University Calendar
- General University Information
- Diary of Key Dates
- Massey Qualification Regulations
- Studying at Massey University
- Enrolment at Massey University
- Glossary of terms
- Prescriptions and Schedule of Courses
- Help using the Massey University Calendar
For help with understanding these important regulations, please watch our video.
The Certificate in Advanced Intensive English
No new enrolments
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University.
1. Admission to the Certificate in Advanced Intensive English requires that the candidate will have:
(a) an ability to read and write in any language;
(b) been placed into the qualification on the basis of an assessment of their reading, writing, listening and speaking skills in English;
(c) completed education to the equivalent of at least NCEA Level 1.
2. Candidates for the Certificate in Advanced Intensive English shall follow a fixed programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 72 credits from the schedule to the qualification.
3. There are no specialisations for this qualification.
4. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
Unsatisfactory Academic Progress
5. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
Schedule for the Certificate in Advanced Intensive English
192.089 Advanced Reading and Writing 18 credits
192.090 Expressing Complex Ideas and Relationships 18 credits
192.091 Accessing the Community 18 credits
192.092 Advanced Reading and Writing (Special Topic) 18 credits
192.095 English for Academic Purposes: Advanced 18 credits
192.096 Extending Language Skills and Strategies for Tertiary Studies 18 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Thursday 17 September 2020