Crisis management is in place following flooding in Auckland. More information.
BackMassey Qualification Regulations
- University Calendar
- General University Information
- Diary of Key Dates
- Massey Qualification Regulations
- Studying at Massey University
- Enrolment at Massey University
- Glossary of terms
- Prescriptions and Schedule of Courses
For help with understanding these important regulations, please watch our video.
The Foundation Certificate in Academic English
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University.
1. Admission to the Foundation Certificate in Academic English requires that the candidate will have:
(a) met the University admission requirements as specified, except for the specified English language competency requirements; and
(b) achieved an IELTS of a least 5.0 across all bands or equivalent within the preceding year; and
(c) received an offer of place for a programme of study at Massey University which is conditional only on the achievement of the required level of English language competence.
2. Candidates for the Foundation Certificate in Academic English shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 72 credits from the schedule to the qualification.
3. The Foundation Certificate in Academic English is awarded without specialisation.
4. A candidate’s programme of study may not exceed two academic years from date of first enrolment in a course to be credited to the Foundation Certificate in Academic English.
5. Candidates may be awarded the Certificate when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
6. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
Schedule for the Foundation Certificate in Academic English
192020 Academic Reading and Writing 1 18 credits
192021 Language Skills for Academic Study 1 18 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Thursday 29 September 2022