Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL4. More information.
BackMassey Qualification Regulations
- University Calendar
- General University Information
- Diary of Key Dates
- Massey Qualification Regulations
- Studying at Massey University
- Enrolment at Massey University
- Glossary of terms
- Prescriptions and Schedule of Courses
For help with understanding these important regulations, please watch our video.
The Certificate in Mental Health and Addiction
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, and Graduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Certificate in Mental Health and Addiction requires that the candidate will meet the University admission requirements as specified.
2. Candidates for the Certificate in Mental Health and Addiction shall follow a programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 60 credits comprising:
(a) courses selected from the Schedule to the Qualification; and including:
(b) any compulsory courses listed in the Schedule to the Qualification;
(c) attending field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials and laboratories as required.
3. The Certificate in Mental Health and Addiction is awarded without specialisation.
4. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for the Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates will apply.
5. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
Unsatisfactory Academic Progress
6. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
Schedule for the Certificate in Mental Health and Addiction
Compulsory Courses (60 credits from)
147.102 Whakapiri: Engagement in Mental Health and Addiction Work 15 credits
150.103 Nau mai e noho: Engaging with Māori 15 credits
179.155 An Introduction to Helping Skills in Social and Community Work Practice 15 credits
231.106 Introduction to Public Health 15 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Wednesday 01 September 2021