Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
BackMassey Qualification Regulations
- University Calendar
- General University Information
- Diary of Key Dates
- Massey Qualification Regulations
- Studying at Massey University
- Enrolment at Massey University
- Glossary of terms
- Prescriptions and Schedule of Courses
For help with understanding these important regulations, please watch our video.
The Certificate in Public Health
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, and Graduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Certificate of Public Health requires that the candidate will meet the University admission requirements as specified.
2. Candidates for the Certificate in Public Health shall follow a programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 60 credits comprising:
(a) courses specified in the Schedule to the Qualification;
(b) attending field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials and laboratories as required.
3. The Certificate in Public Health is awarded without specialisation.
4. Any timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for the Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates will apply.
5. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
Unsatisfactory Academic Progress
6. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
7. Subject to the Maximum Time to Completion and Abandonment of Studies provisions specified in the Part I qualification regulations, candidates enrolled in the Certificate of Public Health prior to 1 January 2022 who have successfully completed one or both of 231.108 or 214.102 may substitute these for a course or courses in the Schedule. These transitions expire 31 December 2024.
Schedule for the Certificate in Public Health
60 credits from
150.112 Hauora Tangata: Foundations of Māori Health 15 credits
231.106 Introduction to Public Health 15 credits
231.107 Social Determinants of Health 15 credits
250.100 Health Communication 15 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Monday 20 September 2021