Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL4. More information.
BackMassey Qualification Regulations
- University Calendar
- General University Information
- Diary of Key Dates
- Massey Qualification Regulations
- Studying at Massey University
- Enrolment at Massey University
- Glossary of terms
- Prescriptions and Schedule of Courses
For help with understanding these important regulations, please watch our video.
The Diploma in Business Studies
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, and Graduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Diploma in Business Studies requires that the candidate will meet the University admission requirements as specified.
2. Candidates for the Diploma in Business Studies shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits, comprising:
(a) at least 45 credits above 100 level;
(b) at least 90 credits from the Schedule for the Diploma in Business Studies.
(c) any compulsory courses;
(d) attending field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. The Diploma in Business Studies is awarded without an endorsement.
4. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates will apply.
5. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes; candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of Academic Board, be awarded a Certificate in Business Studies should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
Unsatisfactory Academic Progress
6. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
Schedule for the Diploma in Business Studies
114.240 Organisational Behaviour 15 credits
114.241 Principles of Human Resources Management 15 credits
114.254 Employment Relations 15 credits
114.330 Equity and Diversity in the Workplace 15 credits
115.109 Introduction to Business Analytics 15 credits
115.111 Strategic Workplace Communication 15 credits
115.212 Fundamentals of Leadership and Teamwork 15 credits
P 90 credits at 100 level
125.111 Managing your Personal Finances 15 credits
125.179 Introduction to Financial Advice 30 credits
127.241 Property Market Principles 15 credits
127.378 Property Economics and Planning 15 credits
152.203 Business and Society 15 credits
152.232 Small Business Management 15 credits
152.252 Project Management 15 credits
152.261 International Business 15 credits
152.264 International Supply Chain Management 15 credits
152.270 Māori Management 15 credits
152.304 Managing Services 15 credits
152.330 Enterprise Development 15 credits
152.333 New Venture Project 15 credits
152.366 Operational Management of International Business 15 credits
152.370 Te Whanaketanga o te Pakihi Māori - Advanced Māori Business Development and Management 15 credits
155.202 Essentials of Law 15 credits
157.240 Social Media Networks for Business 15 credits
157.340 Organisational Knowledge Management 15 credits
P 114.2xx or 152.2xx or 157.2xx or 158.2xx or 159.2xx
178.100 Principles of Economic Policy 15 credits
178.111 Quantitative Methods for Economics 15 credits
178.250 Contemporary Economic Issues 15 credits
178.360 Environmental Economics 15 credits
178.370 Development Economics 15 credits
197.288 Creative Collaboration 15 credits
P 75 credits at 100 level
219.209 Public Relations Practice 15 credits
219.304 Intercultural Communication 15 credits
290.102 Contemporary Retail Management 15 credits
290.201 Retail Knowledge Internship 15 credits
P At least 15 credits at 200-level from the 290 course prefix series
290.202 Design Thinking for Business Operations 15 credits
290.203 Buying and Category Management 15 credits
290.204 Managing the Customer Experience 15 credits
290.302 Strategic Transformation in Retailing 15 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Wednesday 01 September 2021