Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL4. More information.
Massey University is committed to running high quality events that deliver on the University’s key objectives to:
- Enhance our reputation
- Showcase our excellence, innovation and creativity
- Develop and strengthen our connections with partners and stakeholders
- Increase awareness of Massey’s brand
- Generate income for the University to achieve its wider goals.
To ensure this is achieved, any event needs to be properly evaluated and resourced.
Please let us know if you are planning an event by contacting us here.
You can find some more information about Event Responsibilities and possible costs related to events here.
Planning your event
Important questions you should be able to answer are:
- Who is the event owner?
- What is the event’s purpose and objective(s)?
- How can the purpose be achieved?
- How does the event support Massey’s 2025 goals?
- What is the event format?
- Are there any external sponsorship or partnership opportunities?
- How will the event be funded?
There are four types of events that need different levels of attention.
If you think your event is a Defining Event please fill out the Event Request form by clicking on the green field. This will be forwarded to the National Events & Sponsorship Team which will get in touch with you once the message is received.
If you think your event is is a Major Event please fill out the Event Request form by clicking on the orange field. This will be forwarded to the National Events & Sponsorship Team which will get in touch with you once the message is received.
If your event is a Business Event, please contact the Campus Registrar, who may be able to support you with planning the event.
If your event is a General Event, please contact the head of your department or the College Account Manager, who may be able to support you with planning the event.
Page authorised by National Events, Conference & Sponsorship Manager
Last updated on Monday 31 May 2021