- About Massey University
- University Council and Management
- 2021 Calendar
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- History of Massey University
- Emergency management
- Massey University Strategy
- Becoming Tiriti-led
- Plans and reports
- Policies, procedures and guidelines
- Public clinics and services
- Work-integrated learning
- Social media
- Why Massey?
- Changes at Massey
Social media competitions and giveaways
Terms and conditions
- In entering into any competition advertised by Massey University through any social media platform (“the Competition”) you accept and agree to these competition terms.
- The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any social media channels used by Massey University including Facebook, Instagram, Shuttlerock, YouTube, Twitter, or Linked In. By entering this Competition, you release all social media channels from any liability relating to this Competition.
- Prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged or redeemed for cash. Massey University takes no responsibility for prizes that are lost or destroyed.
- Massey University may change, extend or amend or cancel the Competition at any time. These Competition terms are subject to change.
- To the extent permitted by law, Massey University excludes any liability it may have to you arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this Competition.
- The winner will receive the prize that is advertised. Massey University accepts no responsibility or liability for any winner’s enjoyment of any prize or any other costs and expenses that may be incurred by the winner relating to the prize or the winner’s enjoyment of that prize.
- The information that you provide to enter this Competition through any social media channel will be managed in accordance with the relevant platform’s terms and conditions. Massey University will also use this information for the purposes of administering the Competition. You have the right to access and request correction of the information held by Massey University.
- If submitting content as part of this Competition, you agree to keep content respectful. Content in breach of social media community guidelines will not be included in the Competition. Massey University reserves the right to determine what constitutes inappropriate content and exclude entries from the Competition.
- If you are the winner, you consent to the use of your name, likeness, image/video, for promotional and marketing purposes in any media, without further payment or consideration.
- If after three reasonable attempts to contact the winner have been made, the Competition Period has ended and the winner is still unavailable, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be selected or the prize will be withdrawn.
The following terms apply to these competitions only
Start your year with new Massey gear 🙌🏼 If you're on campus or studying via distance, show us how you’re spending your first couple of weeks at #MasseyUni and be in to win some awesome merch.
Upload your pic to your Instagram feed using #NewtoMU and tag @MasseyUni and you’re in our draw.
Terms and Conditions
- The #NewtoMU prize pack competition (“the Competition”) commences on 24 February 2021 and ends at 11:59pm NZST Wednesday 10 March 2021.
- To enter:
a) Post an image/video to your own Instagram feed using the hashtag #NewtoMU and tag @MasseyUni (Images posted as an Instagram story aren’t eligible). Entries on Instagram need to be uploaded to a public account so Massey can view the image. (Images uploaded to private Instagram accounts won’t be able to be seen).
- The Competition is open to all students enrolled and studying at Massey University in Semester One, 2021 including part-time and distance students. If you are one of our Competition winners, you may be required to present your student ID for verification.
- An image/video can only be used to enter the Competition once. You may enter as many images/videos as you like, and these will count as separate entries.
- The winning images/videos will be chosen at random by a Massey University staff member at the close of the Competition period. The winner will be notified via Instagram within 4 working days of the Competition closing.
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Thursday 25 February 2021