COVID-19 update: All of New Zealand is now at Red. More information.
- Admission and enrolment home
- Application checklist
- Entry requirements
- Entry requirements
- NZ citizens and NZ residence class visa holders
- Australian students
- International students
- Intending students under 16 years old
- Accelerate school + Massey study
- Students returning from overseas exchange
- Home schooled students
- Required supporting documents
- Application due dates
- What happens after you apply
- Terms and conditions
- Special requests (special permissions and course wait lists)
- Recognition of prior learning
- Changing or withdrawing from study
- Verified documents
- Contact us
Accelerate school + Massey study
Permission may be granted for full-time secondary school students to enrol in one or two courses (up to a maximum of 30 credits in an academic year). The guidelines used when assessing applications are:
- The student will normally be expected to have completed NCEA level 3 in the subject in which university study is sought. For language subjects particular attention is paid to the externally-assessed standards. The student’s overall performance in NCEA will also be considered. As a minimum, the student should have obtained at least 14 credits in at least two other subjects on the approved list, at Level 2 for Year 13 students or at Level 1 for Year 12 students.
- The student needs to be 16 years of age by the first day of the semester in which the first course is taught.
- If the student is under 16 years of age at the start of the semester, consideration will be given only in exceptional circumstances. Contact Damian Lodge, Dean, Academic, telephone 0800 MASSEY (0800 627 739) ext 86287, email D.Lodge@massey.ac.nz.
- Students will need to have achieved the literacy and numeracy standards required for university admission.
- The school Principal must indicate his/her support for the enrolment on the "School + Massey" form, and confirming that the school has a current study agreement with the university. For more information and forms please contact Toni Wilson, Accelerate School + Massey Coordinator, by emailing T.J.Wilson@massey.ac.nz.
- Permission for school students to enrol in a course does not constitute formal admission to the university. Students are required to matriculate before they may apply to credit courses, passed while still at secondary school, to a qualification.
For more information, see the School+Massey 2022 (210 KB) flyer.
To apply for admission, use the School Students Admission Form (626 KB) .
Page authorised by Director, Student Administration
Last updated on Wednesday 26 January 2022