BackNZ citizens and NZ residence class visa holders
- Admission and enrolment home
- Application checklist
- Entry requirements
- Entry requirements
- NZ citizens and NZ residence class visa holders
- Australian students
- International students
- Intending students under 16 years old
- Accelerate school + Massey study
- Students returning from overseas exchange
- Home schooled students
- Required supporting documents
- Application due dates
- What happens after you apply
- Terms and conditions
- Special requests (special permissions and course wait lists)
- Recognition of prior learning
- Changing your study
- Verified documents
- Contact us
Admission to graduate and postgraduate qualifications
Postgraduate programmes include Honours and Masters degrees as well as Postgraduate Diplomas and Certificates. Graduate programmes include Graduate Diplomas and Certificates. Note that students applying for admission to a doctoral programme should refer to the Graduate Research School web pages for admission procedures.
Recognised entrance qualifications for Graduate and Postgraduate programmes differ by programme and you should refer to the admission requirements for your programme of choice on the Programmes and courses web pages. Generally, postgraduate programmes require students to hold one or more of the following:
- a relevant Massey University degree with above average achievement as measured by grade point average
- a relevant degree from another New Zealand tertiary institution with above average achievement as measured by grade point average
- a relevant degree from a recognised tertiary institution offshore with above average achievement as measured by grade point average
- relevant practical, professional or scholarly experience equivalent to that of a graduate. Note not all graduate and postgraduate qualifications permit entry on this basis.
Entrance to graduate and postgraduate study is usually programme and major specific, and may have conditions attached. Applications require at least 15 working days to process. You should apply well before the start of the semester in which you intend to study.
Verified transcripts from all of your previous tertiary study are essential unless you completed your previous degree at Massey University.
English language requirements
All students studying at Massey University are expected to be able to write grammatically correct English, read English actively and with understanding, listen to and discern key points in spoken English and speak English freely and clearly. Procedures also exist for those students who wish to submit written work or examinations in Māori.
All international students whose first language is not English will be required to provide satisfactory evidence of their English language proficiency in the form of an academic IELTS or TOEFL score. More information is available on the International students web pages.
Page authorised by Director, Student Administration
Last updated on Thursday 15 December 2016