COVID-19 update: All of New Zealand is now at Red. More information.
BackTerms and conditions
- Admission and enrolment home
- Application checklist
- Entry requirements
- Application due dates
- What happens after you apply
- Terms and conditions
- Special requests (special permissions and course wait lists)
- Recognition of prior learning
- Changing or withdrawing from study
- Verified documents
- Contact us
Offer of Enrolment Terms and Conditions
In submitting my acceptance of this Offer of Enrolment I agree to the following Offer of Enrolment Terms and Conditions:
1. Process for Studying at Massey University
1.1 I understand that I will not be able to study at Massey University until I am enrolled and I will not be enrolled at Massey University until I have accepted, in the manner prescribed by Massey University, this Offer of Enrolment and until such time (if any) that Massey University issues me with a written Confirmation of Enrolment.
1.2 I also understand that I must satisfy all conditions required by Massey University to be satisfied and referred to in this Offer of Enrolment unless any such conditions are waived by Massey University by notice in writing to me.
1.3 If a written Confirmation of Enrolment is not issued to me by Massey University, by the date specified by Massey University, my agreement with Massey University is at an end.
1.4 After I accept this Offer of Enrolment, I can only withdraw through the online Massey University enrolment facility or by Massey University receiving written notice of my withdrawal signed by me.
In accepting this Offer of Enrolment I agree that:
2.1 In addition to these Offer of Enrolment Terms and Conditions the other terms and conditions of my enrolment at Massey University are specified or referred to in:
- my Admission Application;
- Massey University Offer of Place in a qualification and my acceptance of that offer;
- my Enrolment Application,
and will also be specified or referred to in:
- my acceptance of this Offer of Enrolment;
- any written Confirmation of Enrolment issued by Massey University,
but nothing else will be incorporated into the agreement between us.
2.2 I agree that where this document or where any other document referred to or specified in this document is translated into another language, then the English version is the version that applies and, where acceptance or signing is required, then it is the English version that is accepted or signed.
2.3 If Massey University issues a written Confirmation of Enrolment to me:
- I am bound by the Student Contract which I have read; and
- I agree to abide by the Code of Student Conduct, Student Disciplinary Regulations, other requirements and policies of Massey University (which I acknowledge are available on Massey University website); and
- I agree that journals and other materials made available to me by Massey University are for my own studies only and copying or using them for other purposes is an infringement of copyright.
2.4 I am solely responsible for ensuring that I am eligible to study the programme in this Offer of Enrolment and wish to study it.
2.5 I authorise the collection, holding, use and disclosure of my personal information as set out in my Admission Application.
2.6 I agree that if I was under 18 years old when I submitted my Admission Application, and when I accepted the Offer of Place in a Qualification, but I am 18 years old or older at the date of acceptance of this Offer of Enrolment then, in accepting this Offer of Enrolment, I also agree to the Terms and Conditions and Declarations stated or referred to on my Admission Application, Offer of Place in a Qualification and Enrolment Application.
2.7 I agree that I have received clear and sufficient information about studying at Massey University in my selected courses and qualification.
3. International Students
3.1 If I accept this Offer of Enrolment, and if I become enrolled, I understand that Massey University will give notice to the Secretary for Education of:
- my name, nationality and my programme of study or training; and
- when I cease to be enrolled or cease attendance.
3.2 I also understand that Massey University must give notice to:
- Immigration NZ if it becomes aware that I have breached visa conditions or if my enrolment at Massey University is terminated;
- the relevant authorities if Massey University, at its sole discretion, considers that I am a student at risk; and
- the relevant agency for accommodation issues.
3.3 Where I have an existing health condition or disability, I will provide Massey University with evidence from a medical professional, approved by Massey University that it is safe for me and others for me to participate in University activities and in my chosen qualification and courses. I agree to pay all costs associated with assistance that may be required to enable me to participate due to any medical condition or disability. I acknowledge that Massey University reserves the right to refuse to give consent to my enrolment or to cancel my enrolment if it determines that it is not reasonable for it to provide appropriate support or there is an unreasonable risk of harm to me or others (after consideration of all reasonable risk reduction measures) or it determines that I have withheld relevant information or provided false information.
4.1 If I have not already paid my fees in full, I agree to pay to Massey University all tuition fees and other fees prescribed by Massey University for my chosen study, before the first course start date specified by Massey University for my programme of study in this Offer of Enrolment, if I accept this Offer of Enrolment and if I receive a written Confirmation of Enrolment
4.2 I understand that each academic year Massey University will set tuition fees and other prescribed fees so the fees payable for the qualification that I am studying towards will change each year.
4.3 Massey University will not pay interest on money held in full or part payment of University fees and is not liable to me or anyone else for exchange rate movement, conversion charges, bank fees or fees paid to recruitment or immigration agents nor for any student loan charges.
4.4 I understand that if for any reason Studylink or another third party sponsoring my study does not pay the tuition fees and other Massey University prescribed fees then I must do so. I also acknowledge that where Studylink or another third party has paid fees on my behalf, any refund that I am entitled to is paid to Studylink or the other third party and not to me.
4.5 I understand that if I accept this Offer of Enrolment and if a written Confirmation of Enrolment is issued to me then I am liable to pay all of the Massey University tuition fees and other fees prescribed by Massey University unless I withdraw in the manner required within the time prescribed by Massey University irrespective of whether or not I participate in my study. Even if I withdraw from all study within the time prescribed by Massey University after accepting this Offer of Enrolment I will be liable for a withdrawal fee.
4.6 I also agree to pay all fees and other charges incurred by Massey University in collecting any amount payable by me.
4.7 I understand that Studylink might have a limit that applies to my selected qualification and courses I wish to study. I agree to stay within those limits.
5.1 Before accepting this Offer of Enrolment, I have received full written details of:
- all fees associated with my programme(s);
- all class or lecture materials, books, special clothing, safety equipment, tools and other items that are or may be required by Massey University to be brought or provided by me for my selected courses and programme; and
- all student services levies, student amenities fees, building levies and Massey University Foundation fees relating to my study,
to undertake the study specified in my Offer of Enrolment for the enrolment period in question.
6.1 Before accepting this Offer of Enrolment, I acknowledge that I am aware of the circumstances in which I am or may be entitled to a refund of all or any part of my tuition fees and other fees paid by me in respect of my chosen programme.
6.2 I understand that Massey University must receive either:
- notification of withdrawal via the online enrolment facility; or
- a notice of withdrawal signed by me,
each within the Massey University prescribed periods for me to be eligible for a refund for part or all of my tuition fees and other fees prescribed by Massey University.
6.3 Before accepting this Offer of Enrolment I also acknowledge that if I do not withdraw in the manner prescribed in 6.2 within the time limits prescribed by Massey University and if I have not paid the tuition fees and other fees prescribed by Massey University I must still do so.
7. Limitation of Massey University’s Liability - Important
7.1 I agree that Massey University’s total liability to me, however it arises, if established, is only for reasonably foreseeable claims and losses caused directly by a breach of Massey University’s contract with me and is subject to the limit in 7.3.
7.2 I understand that Massey University is not liable to me for my indirect, consequential or special losses however they arise.
7.3 I agree that the maximum aggregate amount payable by Massey University to me (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) in respect of my claims and losses, is limited to twice the tuition fees (inclusive of any refund) paid by me in respect of my study in this Offer of Enrolment.
7.4 The limitation of Massey University liability in 7.3 does not apply when the law prohibits it from applying.
8. Health and Safety
8.1 While participating in any course (wherever that is) and when I am on a Massey University Campus I must take reasonable care for my own health and safety, take reasonable care that my acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other people, and I must comply with Massey University instructions on health and safety.
8.2 I acknowledge that there may be hazards while participating in the course activities and to the extent permitted by law I participate in those activities at my own risk.
9. Student Associations
9.1 I understand that my membership of any Massey University Students Association is voluntary. I understand that if I believe on reasonable grounds that a person has exerted undue influence to make me:
- become or remain a member of a Massey University Students Association; or
- cease to be a member; or
- not become a member,
I may complain to the Massey University Council in writing in which case my complaint may be dealt with in accordance with the Education Act and the procedures (if any) prescribed by the statues made by Massey University.
10. Withdrawal of this Offer of Enrolment
10.1 I acknowledge that if Massey University does not receive my acceptance of this Offer of Enrolment in the manner required by Massey University on or before the date specified by Massey University, then this Offer of Enrolment is withdrawn.
11. Cancellation of Enrolment
11.1 I understand that if I accept this Offer of Enrolment and if Massey University issues me with a written Confirmation of Enrolment, then Massey University may still cancel my enrolment and may refuse to enrol me in future if:
- Massey University decides that I am not of good character (for example, but not limited to, providing false details on Admission Application or Enrolment Application or failing to disclose relevant information);
- I am found guilty of misconduct or a breach of discipline (for example, but not limited to, behaving contrary to the Code of Student Conduct, or contravening policies);
- I make insufficient progress in my study after a reasonable trial at Massey University or elsewhere (for example, but not limited to, failing to undertake course work); and
- as otherwise permitted or required by law (for example, but not limited to, visas withdrawn for international students).
12. Programme Specific Conditions
Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Social Work, Bachelor of Speech and Language Therapy with Honours, Te Aho Paerewa Postgraduate Diploma in Maori Medium Teaching and Learning, Te Aho Tatarangi Bachelor of Teaching and Learning Kura kaupapa Māori, Graduate Diploma in Teaching (Primary), Graduate Diploma in Teaching (Secondary), Graduate Diploma in Teaching (Early Childhood Education), Master of Applied Social Work, Master of Counselling Studies, Master of Specialist Teaching, Master of Teaching and Learning, Postgraduate Certificate in Specialist Teaching, Postgraduate Diploma in Education and Developmental Psychology, Postgraduate Diploma in Industrial/Organisational Psychology, Postgraduate Diploma in Specialist Teaching
I have not been convicted of any specified offence as set out in Schedule 2 of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 OR I have been convicted of a specified offence but I hold a current exemption granted under Section 35 of that Act.
I have not been charged with or convicted of any other criminal offences either in New Zealand or overseas that have not already been disclosed in writing to Massey University prior to the issue of this Offer of Enrolment.
I agree to participate in periodic safety checks under the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and Police vetting when required by Massey University and to sign all forms to facilitate this. I understand that I cannot continue to be enrolled in this programme if I have a specified offence under the Vulnerable Children Act for which I have not been granted an exemption and/or if the Police vetting or safety check is unacceptable to Massey University in Massey University’s sole opinion. I understand that the provisions of the Criminal Records (Clean Slate) Act 2004 do not authorise the concealment of a conviction for a specified offence defined in Schedule 2 of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 for core workers.
Acceptance of Offer of Enrolment Declaration
I declare that:
1. In accepting my Offer of Enrolment, I have read, understood and agree to the Offer of Enrolment Terms and Conditions.
2. I authorise the collection, holding, use and disclosure of my personal information as set out or referred to in the Privacy Statement in my Admission Application.
Page authorised by Director, Student Administration
Last updated on Wednesday 31 January 2018