Two students and a Japanese lecturer in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch interview 9 Kiwis strong in Japanese. Their jobs are varied and do not fit the stereotypes normally associated with a language graduate. Hear what an accountant, digital marketing entrepreneur, international journalist, PR/marketing guru, international markets development manager, ESOL teacher, director of a rental property business and two students have to say about the difference Japanese has made in their career and life journeys. Japanese is the key to your exciting future!
Browse the videos below to get answers to some pressing questions you might have about studying Japanese. Watch the interviews, or, if you’re more interested in some of the BIG questions, go to 'Question Cuts'.
Watch the introduction, or find out the answers to some of the BIG questions (below the video)!
Japanese is the key to your exciting future! Find out what 9 Kiwis have to say about how learning the Japanese language has influenced their life direction.
Hear what some successful Kiwis say about whether you should drop Japanese when you have to start narrowing down your subject choices. In the words of one interviewee: “Poppycock!”.
Successful Kiwis explain why they decided to learn Japanese.
Watch these interviews with nine Kiwis in different and exciting jobs, and see how Japanese has helped shape them and their careers. You can also skip straight to specific parts of the video by clicking on the questions below each name.
Director at Auckland Accounting firm Staples Rodway, Annette has built up the Japanese arm of the firm and employs staff with Japanese skills. Hear what Annette has to say about the benefits of having an extra 'something different' in your skill-set when it comes to the Great Job Hunt.
Director at Auckland Accounting firm Staples Rodway
- How does ability in Japanese build better relationships?
- Can studying Japanese help me get a job?
- Should I keep studying Japanese?
General Manager Communications at Antarctica NZ
- How can Japanese influence my career?
- What if I didn't study Japanese?
- How do I make my subject choices? I love Japanese but others are telling me to choose a different path.
English teacher at the University of Auckland language academy
- Find out how Fiona got involved with Japanese
- How does knowing another language give you an x-factor?
- What sort of opportunities can Japanese give me?
Founder and CEO of Kiwi Digital Marketing Company Shuttlerock
- How can Japanese influence success in business?
- What made Jonny choose Japanese over another language?
- Why should I study Japanese?
Entrepreneur and Author. Founder of KOA group
- Michael describes his various ventures
- How will Japanese make me a better employee generally?
- Should I study Japanese instead of a 'core' subject?
Where to from here?
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Thursday 01 June 2017