Skip to Content
New information following the change in COVID-19 alert levels. massey.ac.nz/coronavirus
Contact details +64 (06) 356 9099 ext. 84119
· A-ranked at the 2012 national Performance Based Research Fund (PBRF)
· H-index of 39
· Since 2002, I have received more than NZD3,500,000 in grants from various industries and research agencies in New Zealand, Singapore, Sweden and France, including more than NZD2,500,000 as principal investigator.
· Supervision of 9 PhD, 2 MS, and more than 20 research students since 2002
· 2010-present: subject area Editor (Water) for Process Safety and Environmental Protection, the official journal of the European Federation of Chemical Engineering (EFCE), Elsevier. The EFCE represents more than 100,000 scientists and chemical engineers in 30 European countries.
· 2009-Present: Member of the Management Committee of the IWA Specialist Group in Chemical Industries.
My research bridges the frontiers of environmental microbiology (study of microorganisms and microbial communities) and environmental biotechnology (design, modelling and scale-up of environmental bioprocesses). I currently focus on the characterisation and modelling of the environmental impacts of wastewater biological treatment and bio-energy production with special emphasis on algae-based bioprocesses.
Based in Manawatū, Dr Guieysse has conducted research that bridges environmental microbiology (the study of microorganisms and microbial communities used in environmental engineering) and environmental biotechnology (the design, modelling and scale-up of environmental bioprocesses). His current research aims to determine the environmental impacts of wastewater biological treatment and bio-energy production, with special emphasis on algae-based bioprocesses.
Resource Development and Management
Field of research codes
Chemical Engineering (090400): Engineering (090000):
Environmental Biotechnology (100200):
Environmental Engineering (090700):
Environmental Sciences (050000):
Environmental Technologies (090703):
Industrial Biotechnology (100300): Technology (100000):
Wastewater Treatment Processes (090409)
Project Title: Is Algal Photosynthesis sustainable? N20 synthesis by microalgae and its consequence for the algae industry
Date Range: 2012 - 2016
Funding Body: Marsden Fund - Full
Main Supervisor of:
Main Supervisor of: