- Explore business
- About the Massey Business School
- Enterprise and partnerships
- MBA and Executive Education
- Explore accountancy
- Explore aviation
- Explore media and communication
- Explore business
- School of Management
About the Centre
The Centre for Advanced Retail Studies (CARS) was established in 2015. Our mission is to be a centre of excellence dedicated to advancing the knowledge base of retailing in New Zealand and internationally.
The objectives of the Centre for Advanced Retail Studies are to:
- Deliver world leading and internationally excellent publications and high impact research outcomes by studying the changing dynamics and composition of retailing, its managerial implications, as well as wider social and cultural significance
- Influence public policy and practice through engagement with the wider community by employing our applied research expertise to research that is relevant to the demands of the retail industry in New Zealand and internationally
- Further our national and international research network to strengthen our visibility and collaboration
- Expand our retail partnerships within Massey University both within Massey Business School and across the other Colleges
- Support the submission of substantial, multi-disciplinary proposals for grant funding and knowledge exchange projects, through the on-going development of awareness, skills and relationships amongst colleagues and external stakeholders
- Support the next generation of creative and innovative research students and post-doc scholars who will be independent in their thinking and learning, and motivated in their desire to contribute by exposing them to and involving in CARS research projects and relationships
There is an inherent multidisciplinary nature to the retail research undertaken at Massey. By embracing a collaborative approach, CARS involves colleagues from across the University’s campuses, Colleges and Schools, as well as builds enduring relationships with external stakeholders, including businesses and professional bodies.
The Centre for Advanced Retail Studies has a series of partnerships with key retailers and industry level organisations that help realise our strategic objectives.
Research and study
Despite the importance of retailing as a key driving force of the global economy, Massey is one of few leading research-intensive universities that takes retail education and research seriously.
Centre for Advanced Retail Studies (CARS), Massey Business School, Albany, Private Bag 102904, North Shore, Auckland 0745, New Zealand
0800 2 RETAIL (0800 2 738245)
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Thursday 12 April 2018