Helping New Zealanders become financially empowered to achieve a better quality of life
- The Fin-Ed Centre
- Our courses
- Our courses
- Your Pathway to Financial Success
- Fundamentals of Managing Your Finances
- Understanding Your Financial World
- Facilitating Personal Financial Management
- Teaching Personal Financial Management (Educators)
- Money Smarts @ Work
- Anti Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT)
- Financial Capability (Practitioners)
- Financial Capability Practitioners Financial Capability (Practitioners) Registration
- About us
- Conferences and Events
Fundamentals of Managing Your Finances
The Fundamentals of Managing Your Finances course explains the time value of money, the concept of risk and return, savings and borrowings and managing risks as they relate to personal and collective financial decisions and personal financial management with special emphasis on debt management. The course is delivered online over eight weeks. The course is open for registrations throughout the year.
Specifically, at the completion of the course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of compound interest and its effect over time
- Know the advantages and disadvantages of borrowing, and be able to develop strategies for managing debt
- Differentiate between saving and investing and know the fundamentals of investing
- Understand financial risks and the concept of risk and return
- Financially protect income and assets.
There are no entry requirements.
Participants do not need a university entrance qualification nor any prior knowledge of personal financial management.
Mode of delivery
Taught totally online over eight weeks.
The course will be self-contained and all course material will be provided.
Coursework will require approximately three to five hours, but not more than five hours, per week.
The work will not be assessed or examined but course participants are expected to complete all the required course readings and show that they have completed the required activities.
Successful participants will be awarded a Certificate of Participation in Fundamentals of Managing Your Finances.
$400 per person (incl GST)
Nb: The course fee above is based on an individual participant.
For larger groups from any organisation, a special rate can be negotiated.
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Thursday 25 March 2021