Helping New Zealanders become financially empowered to achieve a better quality of life
- The Fin-Ed Centre
- Our courses
- Our courses
- Your Pathway to Financial Success
- Fundamentals of Managing Your Finances
- Understanding Your Financial World
- Facilitating Personal Financial Management
- Teaching Personal Financial Management (Educators)
- Money Smarts @ Work
- New Zealand Anti Money Laundering Compliance Officer
- Financial Capability (Practitioners)
- Financial Capability Practitioners Financial Capability (Practitioners) Registration
- About us
- Conferences and Events
Understanding Your Financial World
This course is ideal for people who wish to understand the financial system in New Zealand, the institutions that operate within it and global and local influences on personal finances. Understanding Your Financial World is delivered online over eight weeks.
At the completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the structure, functions and importance of a modern financial system
- demonstrate an awareness of how local, national and global events can influence personal and family finances
- demonstrate a conceptual understanding of a government's role and influence on financial systems and people participating in these systems
- demonstrate an understanding of the current and developing economic and regulatory context which financial institutions operate under in New Zealand
- demonstrate an understanding of the different types of financial markets and institutions and their systems of operation
- demonstrate an understanding of the role of financial institutions and markets in personal financial management
- apply their knowledge of global, national, local and regulatory influences on financial markets and personal finances over time
There are no entry requirements.
Participants do not need a university entrance qualification nor any prior knowledge of personal financial management.
Mode of delivery
Taught totally online over eight weeks.
The course will be self-contained and all course material will be provided.
Coursework will require approximately three to five hours, but not more than five hours, per week.
The work will not be assessed or examined but course participants are expected to complete all the required course readings and show that they have completed the required activities.
Successful participants will be awarded a Certificate of Participation in Fundamentals of Managing Your Finances.
$400 per person (incl GST)
Nb: The course fee above is based on an individual participant.
For larger groups from any organisation, a special rate can be negotiated.
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Thursday 25 March 2021