Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL4. More information.
The Food Characterisation Laboratory employs state-of-the-art techniques to support product development and quality assessment in the food industry. We have an international team who are experts and experienced in assessing the quality aspects of food products and characterising food ingredient functionality.
Laboratory Facilities include:
- Paar Physica MCR 301 and 302 control-stress rheometers
- Texture analyser TAXT plus
- Instron’s universal testing machine
- Rapid-Visco analyser
- Minolta colourimeter
- Wyatt Multi-angle laser light scattering (MALLS)
- Conventional light microscope
- Two-stage bench-scale high pressure homogeniser (APV)
- Malvern Mastersizer and Zetasizer
- Gas chromatography
Page authorised by Head of School, School of Food and Nutrition
Last updated on Tuesday 16 August 2016