Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
Evaluating Consumer Response one-day course
Consumer and Sensory Science training
Coming in 2022
Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand
This interactive one-day course combines theory and practical sessions to consider the why, who, what, where and when of consumer product testing, and complements our sister course: An Introduction to Sensory Evaluation.
This Introduction to consumer sensory testing is suitable for a range of individuals who need an introduction, or refresher, to sensory evaluation including those involved in sensory testing, consumer testing, market research, quality assurance, product development or anyone working alongside these industry functions.
- Quantitative & Qualitative techniques
- Why test with consumers
- What can we measure: preference, liking, emotional response, purchase intent, sensory attributes
- Who should be on your consumer panel
- Where and when to carry out consumer testing
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe quantitative techniques for determining consumer liking and emotional response to food products
- Develop effective questionnaires for use with consumers
- Describe qualitative techniques to probe consumer opinions and behaviours
Professor Joanne Hort (Massey University), an internationally recognised expert in Consumer & Sensory Science
Dr Monica Campbell, (Director of Q2+ Consultancy Ltd) who has 20 years’ experience managing and leading consumer and sensory projects in the UK, European, Australasian, North American and Asian markets.
$600+GST, includes course materials and lunch. (10% discount for additional individuals from same company).
Registration and enquiries
Please contact Joanne Hort at email@example.com for queries regarding course content.
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Wednesday 06 October 2021