Equine Veterinary Clinic
The Equine Veterinary Hospital is now open at COVID-19 Alert Level 2 for routine services. However, there are still strict protocols in place for accessing the Equine Hospital by clients. Please contact 06 350 5328 for more information.
Our highly skilled equine team offers a broad range of medical and surgical expertise. You can bring your horse in by appointment or ask your vet to refer your horse to us in difficult cases.
- 24 hour intensive care
- Computerised tomography (CT) to image head and limbs
- Dynamic endoscopy to investigate poor performance and upper airway problems.
- Medical expertise in gastroenterology, neurology, ophthalmology, respiratory disease, cardiology, poor performance, behavioural problems, neonatology and critical care medicine.
- Video endoscopes allow visualisation of the horse’s pharynx, trachea, oesophagus and stomach.
- Colour ultrasound for imaging soft tissue including tendons, the heart, abdominal organs and internal reproductive organs.
- Digital radiography to x-ray limbs, neck, chest and skull.
- Surgery by surgical specialists for emergency and elective surgical procedures.
- Orthopaedic surgery including arthroscopy (key-hole joint surgery) and fracture repairs.
- Soft tissue surgery including castrations, cryptorchids, tie-back operations and colic surgery.
- Reproductive services are offered in-house, including breeding with frozen semen.
Our senior equine clinicians are supported by experienced and qualified anaesthetists, nurses, technicians, clinical pathologists, and diagnostic imaging specialists allowing us to provide 24-hour intensive care.
Clinic hours: Monday to Friday 8.00 am to 4.30 pm
For appointments please contact us on
Tel (06) 350 5328
For all out-of-hours emergencies call
Tel (06) 350 5328
Contact details +64 (06) 356 9099
Rachael Beer BVTech
Equine Veterinary Nurse / TechnicianSchool of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Technology - Massey University (2019)
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Thursday 14 October 2021