Enrolling in the MVM programme as an international student
- Choosing your course and qualification
- Admission and enrolment
- Verifying documents
- Time frames and offer of place
- Getting help
Recently the enrolment system for students new to study at Massey University has changed. It is now a two stage process.
- Choose and apply online for the qualification you want to complete within the MVM programme. Once you have been offered a place and accepted it, you can then
- Apply online to enrol in the individual course (subject) you want to study.
The admission and enrolment process can take several weeks to complete, so once you have decided to enrol in an MVM course start the process as soon as you can.
- Take note of the following as you will need the information later on: The qualification you would like to enrol in. You need to choose a qualification at the beginning but you can change it later (e.g., PostGraduate Certificate of Science and Technology or Master of Veterinary Medicine). We recommend you select the PGCertSc&Tech to begin with (you can switch to the full MVM later on if you plan to complete a capstone or research project. Any credits you already have will be transferred to the new qualification – there is no disadvantage to doing this).
- If you have chosen the MVM or PGDipVCS programmes you may wish to nominate an endorsement (e.g., small animal surgery). You can choose or change this at a later date.
- The number and name of the course(s) you wish to study (eg: 118.753 Canine and Feline Oncology).
- The year each course is next offered (e.g., 2018)
- The semester the course is offered (e.g., semester 2)
You should also check that the contact workshop dates suit you. Examination dates will be finalised and advised to students about four weeks into the semester.
If this is the first time you will be enrolling in a Massey course
- Check you are eligible for admission to Massey University on the entry requirements page.
- Choose the qualification and courses you wish to study
- Apply online for admission to the qualification
- After you have applied for admission to one of the qualifications within the MVM programme we then recommend you talk to us and particularly advise us what subject (course) you want to enrol in.
For any queries contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have enrolled at Massey in the past, you will have a student ID number and Massey login, so you can enrol for courses online.
- Choose the qualification and courses you wish to study
- Use the online student portal to apply for the courses you wish to complete. Click the 'Qualifications and courses' tab - there you can select the qualification and courses you identified above.
Let us know if you have any questions email@example.com
You need to provide Massey with verified documents. The verified documents required depend on your circumstances but are likely to include:
- Evidence of citizenship (either your birth certificate or the identity page of your current passport)
- Academic transcripts (results) with a grading scale Graduation certificate
- English language test results (where applicable)
- Evidence of a name change (if applicable) e.g. a deed poll or marriage certificate.
To verify the documents you need to:
- Take the original document and a photocopy of the document to an authorised person such as:
- Notary public
- Justice of the peace
- Commissioner of oaths
- Official of the issuing authority
- Approved Massey University agent
- The authorised person must sign and date the copy using an official company stamp (in English) and include the words “This is a true copy of the original” on the front of each page.
- The signature and company stamp must be original and not a copy.
Any documents in languages other than English need to be translated into English by a certified translator and then verified in English.
Please do not send Massey the original documents, only verified copies.
Applying and enrolling can take up to six weeks from start to finish. During peak times it can take longer, so start the process well ahead of the date your course begins and try to meet enrolment deadlines.
Your application is assessed to ensure you meet the admission requirements for your chosen programme. Once complete, you will be emailed an Offer of Place to study at Massey.
On receipt of the Offer of Place, please immediately print and sign the document. Return the signed Offer of Place to the International Office by post or courier, or by scanning the document and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Offer of Place outlines the fees due. These fees must be paid by the expiry date quoted in the Offer of Place. International Students are protected under the Massey University Fees Refund and Protection Policy.
When your payment has been received, you will be issued with a Receipt of Payment which includes a receipt for your tuition fees.
- Check progress of your admission: email@example.com If you have a Massey ID number include it in the subject line.
- Find out more about fees: Information about fee payment.
Once a Receipt of Payment has been issued, you can enrol online in your selected courses.
Course enrolments open October 1.
Use the online student portal to apply for the courses you wish to study. Click the 'Qualifications and courses' tab - there you can select the qualification and courses you identified above. Please ensure that you accept the Declaration by ticking the box and click on the “submit” button at the end
Once this stage is complete you will be emailed a Confirmation of Enrolment.
The Confirmation of Enrolment Form contains the following information:
- Confirmation of your approved courses
- Any courses that could not be approved or that you withdrew from (the reason is shown)
- Confirmation of your course of study and endorsement
- Dates you may withdraw from courses without financial and academic penalties.
We recommend you regularly check the student portal for new messages until your enrolment is complete.
The MVM Administrator can assist you with any questions you have about enrolling in an MVM course or administrative questions once the course has started.
The quickest approach is to directly email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our administrator will find the answers to any of your administrative questions and get back to you as soon as possible.
SCHOOL OF VETERINARY SCIENCE
Phone: +64 6 350 5303
The enrolment procedure can be a little confusing, but we hope that we have helped clarify the process for you. If you have any questions please contact us.
We wish you well in your study!
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Wednesday 30 October 2019