Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
BackABI Sequencing and Genotyping Services
- Genome Service
- About Us
- Customer login for ABI services
- LabChip® Service
- ABI Sequencing and Genotyping Services
- Next Generation Sequencing Services
- Contact Us
ABI Sample Delivery
If you have less than 16 samples, please submit them in 0.2ml PCR tubes. Make sure the lids are firmly closed. Seal tubes with parafilm and bubble wrap for shipping.
If you have 16 sample or more, please submit them in 0.2ml 8-strip tubes or 96 well PCR plates. Please make sure your samples are sealed and strip tube caps should be parafilmed. If you are using plates, please use strip flat cap lids to seal the plates. Please make sure strip caps are firmly sealed.
Please send the printout of the request form with your samples to MGS. The printout of the request form is needed for sample identification.
Samples are to be couriered by overnight courier to the following address:
Massey Genome Service
School of Fundamental Science
Science Tower A1.19
Palmerston North 4410
Phone: External Customer: +64 6 951 9080 (Office) and +64 6 951 8735 (Laboratory)
Internal Customer: 86080 (Office) and 85735 (Laboratory)
The Massey Genome Service provides a free courier service for both our ABI sequencing and genotyping services. Prepaid courier bags can be mailed to New Zealand customers free of charge.
If you wish to use our free courier service, please send an email to Xiaoxiao Lin stating the number of courier bags to be sent to you, your courier address, postal address and contact phone number.
ABI Sequencing Services
- For the Full Sequencing Service, please send your template and primers premixed in 0.2ml individual PCR tubes or 0.2ml strip tubes.
- For the Sequencing Capillary Separation Service and the Sequencing Capillary Separation Service with reaction cleanup please supply your samples in 0.2ml individual PCR tubes or 0.2ml strip tubes. Please do not supply the samples in 0.5ml microtubes, or 1.5ml microtubes.
- For the Sequencing Plate Service and the Sequencing Plate Service with reaction cleanup, please supply your samples in a 96 well plate, sealed with strip tubes, plastic seal or foil seal. The strip tubes provide the best result. Please enter the samples into the online spreadsheet in the following order, A01, B01, C01...........H01, A02, B02, C02............H02, and so on, up to A12, B12, C12 .........H12.
Please refer to ABI Sequencing Service Technical Information for details on template and primer concentration and quality requirements.
ABI Genotyping Services
- For the Genotyping Capillary Separation Service, please provide your pooled reactions in a volume of 1ul, in either 0.2ml individual PCR tubes or 0.2ml strip tubes.
- For the Genotyping Plate Service, please provide your pooled reactions in a volume of 1ul, in a 96 well plate, sealed with strip tubes, plastic seal or foil seal. The strip tubes provide the best seals. Please enter the samples into the online spreadsheet in the following order, A01, B01, C01...........H01, A02, B02, C02............H02, and so on, up to A12, B12, C12 .........H12.
Please refer to ABI Genotyping Service Technical Information for details on sample requirements, fluorescent labelling of primers and primer design recommendations.
All laboratories within the School of fundamental Science (SFS) at Massey University are required to meet PC1/PC2 compliance to function as a “Containment Facility”. In order to continue to meet compliance SFS has installed security doors throughout Science Towers C and D to restrict and control access to laboratories. A security door has been installed on level 3, right next to the Science Tower D lift, which restricts free access into the Massey Genome Service (MGS) laboratory.
For all customers outside of SFS who require access to the Massey Genome Service laboratory to either hand deliver samples, or to talk to our staff, FIRST must go to the SFS administration office where you will be instructed to sign for a temporary access card. The access card needs to be returned to the SFS admin office before you leave the building. The SFS admin office located on the 4th floor of Science Tower B, room ScB4.08.
SFS admin office contacts are:
· Cynthia Cresswell: ext 84706
· Ann Truter: ext 84703
Natisha Magan and Andy Trow will also be holding a supply of temporary access cards, which you can use:
· Natisha Magan: location – ScB3.33, ext 84588
· Andy Trow: location – ScA3.18, ext 84601
Please contact Natisha Magan or Andy Trow if you have any concerns.
If you only need to drop off samples, the MGS laboratory has a small fridge that you can put your samples in. The fridge is located on the 3rd floor of science Tower D, just outside the security doors and opposite the lift. This will save you having to go to the secretary’s office on the 4th Floor of science Tower D, to sign in and get a temporary access card, each time you deliver samples to the service. Please leave the samples with the printout of the request form in the fridge.
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 13 July 2021