MANAWATU MICROSCOPY AND IMAGING CENTRE
Manawatu Microscopy and Imaging Centre
The Manawatu Microscopy & Imaging Centre (MMIC) is a multi-user facility on Massey University's Turitea campus. We provide researchers with the latest equipment needed for Transmitted Light and Fluorescence Microscopy [Widefield and Confocal], Electron Microscopy (TEM and SEM/EDS) and Image Analysis.
Under our current Covid-19 level-2 guidelines please note the following about MMIC operation:
-Anyone entering MMIC MUST sign in and be wearing a face covering
-New user training sessions are temporarily suspended
-Equipment access may be limited to ensure social distancing
-If you are feeling unwell, please do not enter the facility
We apologise for any inconvenience that these precautions may cause
-The MMIC team
HOLIDAY CLOSURE SCHEDULE
The MMIC will close for business on Friday, December 17, 2021 at 5:00 PM.
· TEM access will halt on Friday Dec 10 at 5:00 PM.
· Samples to processed and embedded in resin prior to the holiday break must be submitted no later than Friday, Dec 3 at 3:00 PM.
· SEM access will halt on Tuesday Dec 14 at 3:00 PM
· Critical point drying will continue until Thursday, Dec 18 at 3:00 PM.
Additional TEM/SEM samples will be kept in fixative over the duration of the holiday closure
· Please ensure that you have backed up all of your data by the closing date as local machine hard drives will be erased at the year’s end
We will reopen on Monday, January 10, 2022 at 8:30 AM (confocal and other LM)
TEM and SEM instrument use and sample submission will return on Monday, January 17
Page authorised by Director, Manawatu Microscopy and Imaging Centre
Last updated on Monday 29 November 2021