Instructions for authors
GUIDELINES FOR PAPERS SUBMITTED TO KAIRARANGA
- Kairaranga considers the following education related papers as written documents:
Practice Papers - Papers celebrating effective practice and implementation of programmes (Up to 3000 words).
Position Papers - Papers outlining a writer’s view on a current educational issue (Up to 3,000 words).
Research - Papers summarising research studies involving quantitative and / or qualitative analysis of data, or reviews of the literature. (Up to 5,000 words).
Storied Experience - Papers reporting the experiences of children, parents, caregivers, teachers, support staff and professionals in various learning settings. (Up to 1,500 words).
- An abstract of not more than 150 words should be submitted along with each article.
- Articles sent as an electronic copy should be on numbered, separate and single sided sheets, with double line spacing. Figures or graphs should be sent separately as TIFF, EPS or JPEG files, as well as being embedded in the text of a word processing document.
Kairaranga also accepts book/website reviews of relevant educational books or sites (800 to 1,200 words). Along with the review, authors are requested to send bibliographical data including:
- Manuscripts should be submitted with double line spacing. Figures, graphs, illustrations and diagrams should be sent separately in TIFF or jpeg format, as well as embedded in the text of a word document. Please use APA formatting. An abstract of 150 words or less should also be submitted.
- Manuscripts should be emailed to Kairaranga@massey.ac.nz
- Minor abridgement of articles will be at the discretion of the Editor. If time allows, authors will be contacted before the publication of edited articles.
Publication and copyright
- Authenticity of articles will be the responsibility of the submitting author.
- Kairaranga will retain copyright of all articles published.
- Articles submitted to Kairaranga should not have been published with exactly the same format or content elsewhere.
About the author
- Please submit a 50 word personal profile of yourself with the manuscript, including your organisation and any professional affiliations. A head and shoulders photo of yourself is also required.
Page authorised by Director, Institute of Education
Last updated on Tuesday 16 August 2016