Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
BackHealth Conditions Psychology Service
- Psychology services
- Auckland - Centre for Psychology
- Psychology Clinic Palmerston North
- Contact Us
Referrals to the Health Conditions Psychology Service
You can be referred to the Health Conditions Psychology Service by any health professional. This includes your:
- Dietician, physiotherapist, social worker or other allied health professional
- Other health professional including iwi providers and PHO staff
- NGO (Heart Foundation, Diabetes Trust, Asthma and Respiratory Foundation)
Your health professional will fill out a referral form and you will need to fill out a Hauora/Wellbeing form which will give us some information about how things are for you. They will then send the referral form and Hauora/Wellbeing form to us.
Health professionals – please download the
- Health Conditions Referral Form (266 KB) for your patient to be referred and the
- Hauora Wellbeing form (254 KB) for the client to complete at the time of referral to us.
Please email the forms to email@example.com.
What happens next
We will let your referrer know that we have received your referral and will determine whether our service is appropriate for you. If your referrer doesn't hear from us within 72 hours, they can contact us to follow up.
If the referral is accepted there may be some delay in when you are able to be seen depending on the demand on the service. When we are able to see you, we will give you a call or send you a letter to set up an appointment. The first appointment will be for you to get to know us, and for us to get to know you and talk about what's happening for you. After this, together we will set some goals for what you want to get out of the sessions and we will start working towards achieving them.
This information sheet provides some more information about the service. HC Information Sheet (71 KB)
If you want to find out more about us, please contact our admin team on:
Tel: 06 350 5180
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Friday 24 September 2021