BackEvents and news
- Joint Centre for Disaster Research
- Publications and reports
- Our people
- Events and news
- Events and news
- South Korean Government delegation visit JCDR
- Professor David Johnston awarded Distinguished Fellowship in China
- Third successful RRANZ RRLP Tier 1 Course held in Hamilton
- Raj Prasanna secures significant project funding for community-led earthquake sensor projects
- JCDR awarded Massey University Research Medal
- Contact the Centre
Third successful RRANZ Tier 1 Course held in Hamilton
With an overarching goal to improve Aotearoa New Zealand's response and recovery leadership capability, the RRANZ Consortium held another Tier 1 Response and Recovery Leadership Development Course in Hamilton in late 2019.
Going from strength to strength, the third Tier 1 course saw its participants hear from leading experts on a wide variety of aspects of response and recovery, including those currently responding to the Australian fires. Participants were put through a week of applied exercises that embedded and extended their learning and capabilities. Many of those involved had the opportunity to apply their newly honed capabilities in emergencies over the subsequent few months, including for some the Whakaari White Island response and recovery.
RRANZ would like to extend their sincere thanks to the Waikato CDEM Group for hosting the Hamilton face-to-face course at their Group Emergency Management Office.
Building on the successes of the Tier 1 programme and the lessons learned from subsequent response and recovery contexts, the Tier 2 RRANZ RRLP programme is now under development. Watch this space!
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Monday 27 January 2020