Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
- School of Psychology
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Joint Centre for Disaster Research
- Health and Ageing Research Team
- Research projects
- Visiting International Researcher Fund
- Research: SEIM
- Visiting Scholar Programme
- Psychology services
- Contact us
How do Young People Make Sense of Sexually Explicit Internet Material?
"Porn, its everywhere you can't avoid it!"
We no longer need participants as the data has been collected and the analysis phase of this research project is now underway. A summary of the research results will be shared with participants who have requested this, at the completion of the research.
We want to hear from young people between the ages of 14 and 16, who live in Auckland, New Zealand willing to participate in a research study.
They will be asked what they think about the sexually explicit material online. How you make sense of what you see can be taken from adult viewpoints, but we won't truly understand until we listen to stories from young people.
If you are interested in finding out more about this study, you can contact Robyn Vertongen by email R.C.Vertongen@massey.ac.nz, by txt 022 599-6184 or phone 09 213-6112.
Asking questions does not mean you have agreed to take part.
If you decide to take part, we also need your parent or caregiver to know you are taking part in the study. This does not mean we share your information with them, but they have a right to ask questions as well.
- An information sheet provides details of the researcher, project description and what will be required.
- The parent/caregiver information sheet provides details of the study and what the young person would need to do.
- Background information provides more material and references relating to the study.
- Supporting services may assist the young person if these discussions raise further questions or difficulties.
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Wednesday 17 July 2019