Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
Visiting International Researcher Fund
Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 Level One Border Closures in Aotearoa/New Zealand, the School of Psychology Visiting International Researcher Programme is not currently available for overseas visitors. We look forward to our programme being available again when our borders are freely open.
The Visiting International Researcher Fund enhances collaborations between the School of Psychology and international researchers visiting the South Pacific.
- Objectives of the fund
- Schedule of visits
- International Researcher activities
- Application procedures
- Further information sources
- To enhance existing research relationships or build new research collaborations with researchers who are normally resident of or travelling to Australia or the South Pacific for other purposes, and may be able to spend some time in the school during their travels
- To contribute to research in the school by collaboration between Visiting International Researchers and academic staff
- To facilitate international academic communication and co-operation.
The school normally funds two to three Visiting International Researchers annually. Visits are not normally longer than four weeks.
Visiting International Researchers are invited to present at least one academic seminar on specialist topic(s) of current interest to the visitor. These seminars are presented to school staff and graduate students, but are widely advertised on campus and open to the general academic and professional community.
The Visiting International Researcher should engage with their host and other staff or postgraduate students in the school to explore opportunities for ongoing collaborative research.
The Visiting International Researcher would normally be based at one of the school campuses: Auckland, Manawatu or Wellington.
The host will be responsible for:
- Applying for the Visiting International Researcher Fund on behalf of the international visitor
- Keeping the applicant informed about progress on the application and arrangements for the visit
- Meeting the Visiting International Researcher on arrival
- Assisting the Visiting International Researcher to find accommodation
- Arranging any research seminar/s that may be appropriate for the visit
- Engaging with the Visiting International Researcher on potential collaborative research, including introducing the visitor to appropriate postgraduate research students
- Liaising with External Relations to appropriately publicise the visit.
Applications for a Visiting International Researcher Fund may be received by the Head of School at any time. Applications must be made by the proposed Visitor’s host and contain:
- The length of the proposed visit
- Budget for proposed contributions to the visit
- Outcomes from the visit that fit with the aims of the Visiting International Researcher Fund.
Funding for the Visiting International Researcher would not normally exceed $2000. No more than three funded visits would normally be available in any year.
Further details about the scholarship, its funding, or the School of Psychology are available from:
The Head of School
School of Psychology
Private Bag 11222
Palmerston North 4442
Time Zone: GMT + 12:00
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Thursday 25 March 2021