- Key dates
- Before your exams
- Before your exams
- Alternative arrangements
- Aegrotat or Impaired performance
- Exam time clash arrangements and instructions
- Examination rules
- Exam start time
- Oral exams
- Past exam papers
- Changing your exam time or date
- After your exams
- Contact us
Examination arrangements for students with impairments, injury or disability
- Do I qualify for alternative examination arrangements?
- How do I apply for alternative examination arrangements?
- Do I need to send a medical certificate every year?
- Does my request carry over from one exam period to the next?
- When will I know whether or not my application is successful?
- What if I have been granted alternative examination arrangements from other universities?
- What if I've already sent in a "Disability services registration form"?
Please note: It may not be possible to provide alternative examination arrangements for examinations sat outside of New Zealand.
- Any student may apply for alternative examination arrangements if they have an impairment, injury or disability .
- Some of the services available are listed below:
- Enlarged print question papers and dark lined answer booklet
- Additional time
- The assistance of a writer
- The use of a computer
- Home supervision
- Please apply for examination arrangements by the deadline even if you are not entirely sure you will need them. Last minute application may not be accepted.
Ask your Registered Health Professional to complete the Alternative Exam Arrangement Medical Support Form (80 KB) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your doctor or medical practitioner may wish to provide additional information on a separate document on letterhead, but the form provided must be completed and uploaded.
Note: An ACC form is unacceptable
if you have a learning and/or cognitive impairment, a full cognitive and educational assessment conducted by a Registered Clinical or Educational Psychologist, or other suitably qualified specialist is required. School leavers, please note this assessment must be recent (ie. less than four years old). Any queries about this can be directed to email@example.com.
There is a deadline for applying for alternative exam arrangements. For conditions that occur after the deadline, please contact Assessment Services urgently.
If you have a permanent and unchanging condition this must be clearly stated on the medical documentation. Send this once only with the initial application.
If you have a condition that may change e.g. Occupational Overuse Syndrome, you must send a current medical certificate annually before your first examination.
For conditions that occur after the deadline, please contact Assessment Services urgently.
If your condition is ongoing your request will carry over from one Semester to the next. You will receive a letter from Assessment Services asking you to confirm that you require alternative arrangements for the next exam period.
Get the form completed and returned if it has been longer than one Semester since you received alternative arrangements for your exams. Alternative Exam Arrangement Medical Support Form (80 KB)
You and your supervisor will be contacted approximately four weeks before the exams for Semesters 1 and 2. For Summer School, you will be contacted approximately 2 weeks before the exam.
You still need to supply Massey with a request and supporting medical documentation. Please use the supporting medical documentation form: Alternative Exam Arrangement Medical Support Form (80 KB)
You will still need to send in the Alternative Exam Arrangement Medical Support Form (80 KB) .
Please note that arrangements will not be made at any Massey University examination venue without prior written approval from Assessment Services.
It may not be possible to provide alternative arrangements to students sitting examinations at overseas venues. You must contact Assessment Services to discuss your situation.
Page authorised by Director, Student Administration
Last updated on Wednesday 12 February 2020